Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Toyota Auris 2.0 or 2.2 Dersel – What are your thoughts? Owners needed….
  • letmetalktomark

Morning All,

The quest for a car continues……

Mrs LMTTM pointed out an Auris yesterday at a local dealer that we may go and have a test drive in.

Don't know much about the Auris other than its the Corollas replacement….

What is the Toyota dersel like?

All help/advice/comments much appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

Gutless engine and build quality is pretty crap for the money.

letmetalktomark

Obi_Twa – Member

Gutless engine and build quality is pretty crap for the money.

Really?

The 2.0 is 128bhp & the 2.2 is 180bhp 😕

I guess its down to how practical it is in the real world…..mind you both are a step up from our naturally aspirated 1.9l dersel 206! 😆

What are you comparing the trim with?

tinsy
    Free Member

Does it have that semi auto gearbox thing? I forget the proper name..

If it does, do an extremely extended test drive my wife bought a petrol version with it and couldnt get along with it at all, very jerky no matter how it was driven (i have had all kinds of cars but I couldnt make this thing smooth), disliked it so much we had to chop the car in for something else at under 2k miles, very, very expensive mistake.

letmetalktomark

Tinsy: Standard 6 speed manual.

Apart from the gearbox did you/the wife like the car?

brassneck

The VVTi engine is bombproof, but a little thirsty as you can rev it pretty hard for a normal car – I have the Corolla Verso 1.8 petrol, but I'd have bought the diesel all things being equal (they weren't – the dealer offered me in trade for my Leon Cupra what I was hoping to get as a private sale. Made up for slightly more expensive running costs).

My father in law had an Avensis diesel, and it was as inoffensive as any diesel estate I've driven (Vauxhall, VW, BMW, Mazda, renault – I get a lot of hire cars for work as I don't get a car allowance).

brassneck

Sorry, that above may sound like damning with faint praise, not my intention – as a reliable work a day car you'd find either engine hard to beat so I think it'd come down to up front cost and trim for me.

tinsy
    Free Member

Yes it was quite nice, she had specc'd it right up leather etc and was OK.

I design interior trim for cars for a living, and it was a pretty good place to be in there from what I remember. There are better there are worse.

letmetalktomark

Cool. Thank you for your thoughts.

I am led by head on this one rather than heart so just want an economical, practical safe car – if it looks good then all the better!

After more reading seems good from an NCAP perspective – 9 airbags! 😯

Certainly beats my one now 😆

Any more thoughts?

konabunny
    Free Member

dersel? ❓

letmetalktomark

konabunny – Member

dersel?

Yep….the opposite to petrone

konabunny
    Free Member

I don't get the joke. I feel left out. 😥

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Toyota Auris 2.0 or 2.2 Dersel – What are your thoughts? Owners needed….’ is closed to new replies.