Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Toyota 2.0 d4d advice
  • hambl90
    Free Member

Thinking about buying a avensis tourer 2.0 d4d 2010 model , any owners on here that can tell me what to look for , any known faults etc..

Thanks

King-ocelot
    Free Member

My friend is toyota mechanic, he says **** all to look for drop dead reliable. Wear tyres on insides at rear but that’s it. Check for obvious stuff and service history, paint can peel on alloys but don’t be out off use it to haggle unless they look corroded. Boring to drive but shouldn’t cause you any problems.

jota180
    Free Member

As above, bomb proof
    No DPF or cambelt nonsense

Don’t go thinking the 2.2 is of the same ilk

matt_outandabout

No comment n that model other than our 100k/2003 1.3 d4d has been utterly reliable.

That and I was disappointed that Toyota don’t import a newer Previa or Hiace van/ bus anymore, as I would have had that above the Galaxy….

Edric64
    Free Member

Ex has the Auris with that engine quick for a diesel ,not the best on fuel but nothing ever went wrong with it

jambalaya
    Free Member

Ex BIL has one, very reliable which matched our experience of a Rav4 and Yaris we owned. Normal stuff, have a good look at service history.

hambl90
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies so far guys, if it has a timing chain how long do they last ?

samunkim
    Free Member

re: newer Previa Gutted

Wiki has it that the Galaxy is massively subsidised by various EU governments & Toyota couldn’t get close enough on price to make it worth

Shame cause I like the look of the MKIII

jota180
    Free Member
    hora
    Free Member

I was upgraded/hired one a couple of years ago to go to London for the weekend- really liked it. Smooth/comfy and lots of room. I’d definitely have one if it was 1-2owners.

Makes a nice alternative to the VAG’s etc.

twinw4ll
    Free Member

My wife has a 55 plate 2.0 D4D, built like a tank, 60+ mpg on a long run and the only thing that goes ‘wrong’ is it blows a bulb a couple of times a year.
    A vastly underrated car imo.

Suggsey
    Free Member

Check how many taxis there are in the country! Speaks volumes……..but it is the dullest car on the face of the planet to drive but does a to b reliably very very well.

deepreddave
    Free Member

I have a 2010 d4d saloon (currently for sale as we’ve gone and bought a T5) and that’s been utterly reliable to date and no sign of that changing. If anyone wants one it’s a bargain and in excellent nick..
    car for sale

geordiemick00
    Free Member

I had a 2009 D4D and totally reliable.

BMW have supply agreement with Toyota for their diesels.

thegreatape
    Free Member

^ that’s the engine I’m getting in my Verso. It’s the 1.6 out of the diesel Mini from what I’ve read. Chain cam not belt so it’s the new BMW one not the older PSA one they used to use, but that’s about all I know. Hopefully it’ll be ok 🙂

chewkw
    Free Member

It is the benchmark in the far east as far as I know. I wonder why they don’t have more of the auto gear variety in the UK as manual gear is so yesterday. I want auto gear! My next car will be Toyota again … dull looking hhhmmm … I prefer reliability and comfort over looks. :mrgreen:

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Toyota 2.0 d4d advice’ is closed to new replies.