Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Toying with the idea of a new bike. Thoughts
  • porlus
    Free Member

Hi

With the problems with my C456 and my riding mates gliding over rough terrain whilst im bouncing all over the place, its got me thinking of possibly biting the bullet and joining the full suspension crowd.
    If it did happen budget would be upto £2000. Really like the way the C456 goes downhill, so something similar would be great.

Got a mini list at the momen.

Giant Anthem SX. Bang on the budget.
    Whyte T130 sx. Again bang on, but LBS should give me a deal.

Couple of wild cards as well.

Saracen Kili Flyer 122.
    Norco Sight Alloy 7.1. Very interested in this as meant to ride well, and way under budget.

fizik
    Free Member

Get an on one codeine and leapfrog your mates uphill and downhill!

porlus
    Free Member

Did think about it, but want to give them a miss now after getting shabby advice about the problems with my bike.

cheekyget
    Free Member

Fatbike…FATBIKE…Fatbike!!

fizik
    Free Member

Fair play I have heard a few bad things about their customer service but mine has proved very reliable, totally bomb proof for smashing through lakes rock gardens where I live. I think they got the codeine right, is very similar to my mega in many ways except its much faster) and the mega was always ok. Just don’t think you will be able to buy the same performance for the same money that’s all. I was thinking about swapping my hardtail to a used c456 but may give that a miss now though!

pitchman
    Free Member

Camber evo.probably get it for 1600 with some haggling.or a commencal meta trail origin 1200-1300 bought direct from commencal???

toppers3933
    Free Member

Love my kili flyer and there are some good deals around on them at the moment.

porlus
    Free Member

some nice ideas there. Cheers (even the fatbike haha). Saw that canyon the other day. Little bit more than I would want to spend at the moment though. Although this one looks great
    https://www.canyon.com/en-gb/mtb/spectral/spectral-al-6-0.html

wiggles
    Free Member

Cube stereo 140 650b HPA £1799…

iainc

I got an Anthem SX about 3 months ago, to go along with my Soul, for summer fun and bigger days, trail centres etc. Great bike, can’t really fault it. Had a couple of minor issues but LBS sorted hassle free.

Compared to my old 5 (08 and sold it a few yrs ago) it is better in every way – faster both down and particularly up, comfy, light.

porlus
    Free Member

Keep em coming. The more the merrier.
    That Cube did pop up on the radar a few weeks ago.
    Has anyone had experience with that Norco I mentioned. Its the cheapest on the list at £1500. Better forks and spec than I have at the moment on the C456, so not a sideways move for me.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Toying with the idea of a new bike. Thoughts’ is closed to new replies.