Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Towing a trailer with a cool car…
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

…spotted coming off the ferry from the Texel Island we both gave each other the nod of approval!

Ps holiday is great now no arguments!

Drac

Is the cool car out of shot?

Sundayjumper

Someone will post a photo of a 911 towing a caravan in a minute.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

OP, I think you posted the wrong picture.

matt_outandabout

Meh, that’s nothing on the Galaxy when it’s loaded.

project
    Free Member

Cant be a COOL CAR i had one, and im not COOL. Its a Bloody Capri.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

It’s cool cos it’s 2015 and it was in mint condition and he had 6 bikes on his trailer !

My van looked way cooler though !

Drac

It’s cool cos it’s 2015 and it was in mint condition and he had 6 bikes on his trailer !

It’s still a Capri not matter what year it is or how many bikes.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Im with you unfitgeezer. 100% cooler than any modern eurobox,

Wasnt cool when you had it project cause it was common. As it becomes rarer good condition ones become cool again ,

T666DOM

I’ve seen a guy pull a tiny caravan with an e type jag when I was on holiday in the cotswolds. He was well into his 90’s. Proper cool

iolo
    Free Member

i always wanted a 3.0S Capri. I have no idea if they’re any good but looked and sounded cool

project
    Free Member

i always wanted a 3.0S Capri. I have no idea if they’re any good but looked and sounded cool

Merseyside Police had them as fast intervention pursuit vehicles, didnt last long they kept crashing due to unusual steering characteristics.

fasthaggis

I bet his steering was a bit’light’. 😯

CountZero

Merseyside Police had them as fast intervention pursuit vehicles, didnt last long they kept crashing due to unusual steering characteristics.

A characteristic shared with certain Cortinas, too; a bag of cement in the boot was the generally acknowledged antidote to a very light back-end, which often expressed a desire to be at the other end of the car during ‘enthusiastic’ driving.
    That extended to the 2.8i as well.
    Had a back tyre blow out on my dad’s 1.6 Mk2 while I was overtaking a slower car entering a stretch of dual carriageway: that was exciting… 😯

squirrelking
    Free Member

From my limited knowledge the 2.8 was better than the 3.0.

And yes, cool.

project
    Free Member

The front wheels usually went where you pointed them, the rear wheels seemed to go where they liked in the rain.

Fast, nice gear box,comfy seats, brown velour, but never cool

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

A bloke I knew had a Boss Capri, 3ltr supercharged thing or something, not 100% sure but it bloody well flew!

fasthaggis

It was squirrel,they put proper brakes on the 2.8 🙂

iridemybike
    Free Member

I had two Capri’s and loved them. Underpowered & poor handling, but they had character and were comfy and fun in the wet! Bring back cars with soul!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Towing a trailer with a cool car…’ is closed to new replies.