Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • towel-less drying techniques
  • mattk
    Free Member

Had a great ride in this morning, it’s only a few miles so a good chance to get in some fast interval training. So I turned up to work dripping in sweat and looking forward to a shower.

It was only mid shower when i realised i’d forgotten my towel. Cue lots of flapping, jumping up and down and I even tried the ‘spatula hand’ squidgy technique.

Eventually I opted for hand drier, desperately hoping nobody come in and caught me getting creative with the Dyson Airblade.

Surely I’m not the only one to have done this, so give me your best towel-less techniques for when this inevitably happens again in the future.

qwerty
    Free Member

Run naked into a headwind.

convert

Is windmilling in public frowned upon these days?

yorkshire89
    Free Member

I’ve done it a few times. Spatula hand technique seems to work best for me but is not perfect unless you wax your full body!

Take extra time styling your hair and imagine your at a rave 😀

unklehomered
    Free Member

so long as its just your arms, no not at all.

crapknees
    Free Member

Done this a few times, including forgetting my boxers. Thought l’d managed to remember everything this morning, that is until l open my locker, and remembered that l took my shoes home last night. Cue walking to the office in socks… 🙄

convert

so long as its just your arms

Don’t be weird – wafting your arms around it not windmilling!

DezB
    Free Member

Nick someone else’s towel? Don’t dry your face though.

mattmbk
    Free Member

A sock worn mitten like makes an acceptable emergency towel.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Dry off using boxers, hit the office commando stylee!

djglover
    Free Member

Have had to resort to the boxer method once before also

allthepies
    Free Member

Were you teabagging the airblade ? 😯

tomhoward

Always keep a small hair dryer at work. Actually, sod that, just use a hair dryer all the time, its brilliant.

Go on, you know you want to try it…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

teabagging the airblade

“Ringfencing the unicorn” is now totally redundant.

Nobby

“Ringfencing the unicorn” is now totally redundant

Genuine lol!

stumpy01

Get one of those microfibre towels and leave it in a desk drawer at work along with an emergency pair of socks and boxers?

CaptJon
    Free Member

I heard (might have been read) about a guy who used his Id card to squeegee himself dry.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

What’s the bother, stand around a bit and handflick. I don’t use towels, do wash a lot though. You might find washing with soap rather than shower gel helps as soap leaves a film that enables you to bead and flick the water. Detergent/gel seems to prevent this, making it much harder to air dry.

annebr
    Free Member

convert – Member

No just add a little bit of helicoptering and you’ll be set.

TiRed

Brush most of the water off your body with your hand, use toliet paper wrapped around hand to dry. Done it a few times when our changing room has run out of work-supplied towels.

mattk
    Free Member

Were you teabagging the airblade ?

No, but it got dangerously close. If I got caught I could probably explain why I was trying to direct warm air onto my naked body, dangling my knackers in there? Not so much.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Have you ever looked at the inside of an Airblade? In my experience they’re gross and full of old smeg. I’d say you’re better off putting your clothes on wet and walking around a bit!

For srs tho – soap if you’re going to do it.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘towel-less drying techniques’ is closed to new replies.