Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Towbar racks….
  • honourablegeorge

…what’s good?

Needs to fit a Geometron….

woolymonster
    Free Member

Mate, I was looking for ne for mine (Long), couldn’t get one at all for that wheelbase (not that any of the companies would happily say ‘would work’ anyhow 🙂 ). I had a Thule one which would fasten if the tyres were deflated but really wasn’t comfortable saying it was safe, if you know what I mean…only had about one click of the ratchet fastened in both sides 😀 not ideal.

The only thing I did think of but didn’t get was one that mounted on the tow-bar/ball and went up to hold the top tube, but never got around to testing anything.

Be interested to see if you find anything though buddy 🙂

honourablegeorge

Yeah, am thinking it’ll be the cheaper ones that just support top tube. Mine is Longest so doubt many wheel support ones will do it.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Aiston will do it, if it doesn’t as per spec Bryan will build it to.

But it looks like the site is down. Ominous.

legend
    Free Member

Pendle Heavy Duty stretches a long way, would be surprised if it couldn’t take it. Also another company that could make something that would work if the stock ones aren’t long enough

therag
    Free Member

I’ve got the witter 4 bike carrier. Fits a large transition patrol, Mark your welcome to try it

garage-dweller

The pendle hang on might be a possibility or ask them to make you some longer wheel channels for their wheel support racks.

I’ve owned them in the past and they are good and sturdy. I honestly can’t think in hindsight why we moved to a wheel support one. Unless you drive a saloon you won’t be getting the boot open with one fitted though.

wheelie

+1 for Aiston. Very stable and strong. Bikes nicely separated too.

wheelie

dp

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

Do you need to fit other bikes on as well, or just the Geometron? If the latter, maybe a motocross bike rack would work?

Something like http://www.davecooper.co.uk/bike-racks/motorcycle-racks

me1tdown
    Free Member

If you can get hold of Mr Aiston, he’ll do you one. He did me a custom one with a larger offset so my bars didn’t go through the rear window of my vancar. It’s fantastic. Solid and adjustable.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Sounds like a great excuse to buy a van to me… 😀

woolymonster
    Free Member

Yeah, mine was the excuse I needed for a Caddy Maxi 😀

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Aiston will do it, if it doesn’t as per spec Bryan will build it to.

+1 for Aiston. Very stable and strong. Bikes nicely separated too.

If you can get hold of Mr Aiston, he’ll do you one. He did me a custom one with a larger offset so my bars didn’t go through the rear window of my vancar. It’s fantastic. Solid and adjustable.

Aiston +1 again, mines got some custom racks designed for 4″ fat tyres and offset from the back of the car by enough to put 800mm bars on.

The fatty’s wheelbase is 119cm, geometron is 127-131cm, I could check if you like but I bet there’s 4″ left in the adjustment.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Towbar racks….’ is closed to new replies.