Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Tow bar mounted cycle racks. Again :) (fat bike)
  • firestarter
    Free Member

I’m in the market for a tow bar mounted bike rack. Budget about 200 quid. It doesn’t need to tilt or slide just carry 4 bikes. Normally 2 adult mtbs and 2 kids. But sometimes just the two adults. Also sometimes a fat bike or a cx

I looked at the Halfords platform one looks OK but not sure how the wheel mount would cope with a fatty wheel

Then I thought aiston modular 2 bikes when needed and bolt on 2 bike extra bit for kids bikes. And a set of 120mm wide spare wheel mounts. Probably best option but going over budget with wheel mounts and light board and number plate

Or would the thule hang on four bike be better as it doesn’t matter on wheel sizes and it’s only 100 quid obviously light board and plate again required

Cheers for any ideas

Bregante

I’ve got a Thule euroclassic and there’s no way that my fatbike will sit in the trays designed for the tyres. It does however sit in the gaps between them quite nicely so I can just bungee the wheels in place.

It doubles as a nice bike rack too.

firestarter
    Free Member

I thought I could bodge some guttering tyre trays perhaps on the Halfords one 😉

convert

slightly over budget…

this and this

kids bikes on the roof?

T1000
    Free Member

Saffier rack from PFjones (I had some wheel supports modified to fit one of these )

Not light and doesn’t fold up

firestarter
    Free Member

I have a roofbox on the roof. Looking at that the guttering idea would work on any rack I think

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

I have a pendle hang on tow bar rack. Had it for about 10 years and it’s been excellent.

It supports the frame so no issues for tyres etc.

Mine lives in the boot of the car as it’s essentially two “L” shape bars.

You’ll need a light board also with this one.

firestarter
    Free Member

Might actually go for a maxxraxx

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Tow bar mounted cycle racks. Again :) (fat bike)’ is closed to new replies.