Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Tow bar mounted bike carier
  • seadog101

I want to get a carrier for 3, possibly 4, bikes. We have a towbar, so one which mounts onto that would be best, either direct onto the ball or onto a mounting plate fitted behind the ball.

Has anybody got any reccomendations, advice, or plain ‘I got an XXX and it’s ace/pants’

Cheers

Matt

johnikgriff
    Free Member

Got a Pendle one and it’s been great, holds 4 free ride bikes (I have the wider wheel bits). Quick to put on and off, which was important to me. Used couple of times a week for nearly 3 years and holidays away, including the Apls. Just needs stripping down and cleaning couple of times a year.

oldbloke
    Free Member

Been several threads on this before, one of which persuaded me to get the Atera Strada for 4 bikes & it has been going well. Particularly like the ability tip it back being based on curved runner rather than a hinge so it moves away from the back of the car as well as tipping down.

Merlinman

http://lyxus.net/jaag

Not the cheapest but probably the best – especially if like me you need to access the boot/tailgate whilst the bikes are loaded?

http://lyxus.net/jaah (Link to rack on previous car}

Secure at stupid speeds and TUV approved; sold as an approved accessory by B**, A*** and others 🙂

jonathan
    Free Member

I’ve got a chunky Thule one.. it’s fine, very solid and easy to use, but the tilt mechanism is a bit pants.

If I was buying again I’d get an Altera ^^^

ElShalimo

This thread may be useful

neomancer
    Free Member

i’ve got the Thule RideOn 3 too. not had any issues with it and done quite a few miles with it!

and i paid more than £120 for it originally 😐

erny
    Free Member

I’ve also go a thule 9503 ride on rack,I’ve done thousands of miles with mine with no problems,the tilt function is a bit of a pain to use though.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Tow bar mounted bike carier’ is closed to new replies.