Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Tow Bar Bike Carriers & Bike Trailers
  • wurzelcube
    Free Member

I’m on the verge of ordering a buzz bike rack; for now it will be used for 2 bikes and ideally a bike trailer.

Does any one else carry a bike trailer on a tow bar mount bike carrier?

Stoner
    Free Member

have carried a croozer trailer on two types of racks. No real problems, just be prepared to move some bits around to get it right.

Couple of different mounting methods ive tried:
    [img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Eak24h_Nw28/T_x6PhScKlI/AAAAAAAAC-s/W9GL8qgzVHo/s640/IMAG0085.jpg[/img]

wurzelcube
    Free Member

How did you secure the croozer? using the wheel clamps and then an addition strap to the carrier? It looks like you had a safety strap to the back of the van?

ransos
    Free Member

I’m on the verge of ordering a buzz bike rack; for now it will be used for 2 bikes and ideally a bike trailer.

Does any one else carry a bike trailer on a tow bar mount bike carrier?

I have a Buzz Rack (3 bike rack) and can confirm that Croozer and Burley trailers both fit along with two adult bikes – we did a trip to Denmark with ours, no problem at all. I used one of the rack clamps to attach to the trailer frame, then wrapped a long strap round the whole thing, securing it to the rack’s upright frame.

I got the idea from Stoner!

Stoner
    Free Member

use one of the wheel clamps to keep the trailer down on the wheel rail and then using one of the “top tube” clamping bars, secure a higher point of the trailer. The strap is standard issue on tow ball mount racks – it helps keep the rack “up”, taking some load to the door top ratehr than all of it sitting on the ball and clamp. With the top tube bar, it’s a bit like a suspension bridge.

dantsw13

Get the Buzzrack quattro, then the Trailer will fit nicely in the middle space where 2 bikes normally sit. I have one and its a good bit of kit.

mtbfix

I used Stoner’s pics on an earlier thread as inspiration and it worked a treat (Atera rack).

gazc
    Free Member

we have a fiamma rack on our van and a croozer kid for 2 – not done it yet but was planning on fitting it on exactly like stoners bottom pic for our trip to scotland next week. the bumpers should be in the best position to strap to the bottom rail and over the bikes using a few ratchet straps i reckon, also misses the pedals nicely 🙂

i’ll probably put a strap around the croozer too so the top flap can’t undo and spill its guts out into the path of cars behind… 😯

ransos
    Free Member

i’ll probably put a strap around the croozer too so the top flap can’t undo and spill its guts out into the path of cars behind…

Good shout – I did the same with ours, as it’s only Velcro. It also means you can store the trailer gubbins (towbar, handlebar, flag, buggy wheel) inside it.

wurzelcube
    Free Member

Thanks for replies; the 4 bike rack is a good suggestion; so it’s either the Buzz BB4 or BC3; I’m leaning towards the BC3 as it tilts.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Tow Bar Bike Carriers & Bike Trailers’ is closed to new replies.