Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Tourist info: Shops in Elphin or Kylesku?
  • 13thfloormonk

I'm touring through these areas but am trying to figure out how many days food I need to carry.

Extensive googling hasn't been very conclusive, so can anyone tell me what opportunities there are to stock up between at Elphin/Kylesku or in between?

Otherwise I'll need to carry about 6 days worth of food until i reach KinlochBervie, not ideal! 😕

druidh
    Free Member

Racking by brain here, but I'm pretty sure there's nowt until you reach the London Stores in Kinlochbervie. Can't you send a food parcel ahead to the hotel in Kylesku? Mates of mine did a bit of that while walking the CWT a few years back.

13thfloormonk

Dammit, should have thought of that, too late now though!

I've found a tiny shop in the hostel at Inchnadamph, which breaks the 6 days into two threes, would mean risking a day or two eating mars bars if they don't stock real food though… 😀

Will start off carrying 3 dehydrated meals and 3 days worth of pasta + pesto. Also got 6 portions of porridge, 3 porridge bars, 3 clif bars, 2 mars bars, a soreen, a jamaican ginger loaf, two packs of oatcakes, a lump of cheese, a small salami, lots of Earl grey and a hip flask of cask strength whisky. I'll scrape by I'm sure…

druidh
    Free Member

There's a Tea Room in Elphin, so mibbe a chance to eat some "real food" and persuade them to sell you some to take away?

Waderider
    Free Member

Shop at Scourie.

Or post a food parcel to Esther the post mistress (er, if she's still alive) at Kylesku. She won't eat it on you!

13thfloormonk

Goodo, had found the tearoom, that'll be breakfast or lunch upon my departure from suilven!

Scourie is equidistant on my route from kinlochbervie, so i'd head to kinlochbervie first. Good to know about though.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Tourist info: Shops in Elphin or Kylesku?’ is closed to new replies.