Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Touring time is upon us……
  • paulosoxo
    Free Member

……with all these threads on racks and bikes etc, it’s getting me in the mood for a tour. Not sure I’ll be able to do one this year, but let’s see what you tour on.

Ta.

druidh
    Free Member

Ach – you’ve all seen mine before!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Seem mine befoer as well
    [/url] 42 Windmills bicycle and us by TandemJeremy, on Flickr[/img]

TheBrick
    Free Member

slugwash
    Free Member

paulosoxo
    Free Member

My Uncle John

chipps

Salsa Fargo, Epic(now Revelate)Designs bags

plumber
    Free Member

Noy got a picture but I’ll be off at some point on my Kona Sutra 😮

singlespeeddan
    Free Member

Mine has been seen before too

pixelmix
    Free Member

Ach – you’ve all seen mine before!

Surely that photo is a commute, not a tour druidh? Is that the bike chain lunch supplies in the bags?

mustard
    Free Member

My Singular Swift with my own frame bag

If that has worked, I’m getting a red x but that often happens when I’m on here at work 😳

If not it’s here: Swift
    This was atop the Bealach na ba, some changes were made for an off road Spanish tour in September but I don’t have pictures of that anywhere I can link to from here. I’ll maybe add them later on.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Some nice looking bikes there. Cheers

AJ
    Free Member

@ MUSTARD. I interested in which route you took from Mallaig to Achnasheen?

ton

paul, me and you could do a tour of the flat lands of belgium.
    taking in a few wheat beers along the way…….. 8)

Stoner
    Free Member

you’ve all seen mine before too, but what the hell. Gives me the horn for some more touring….

boblo
    Free Member

The ‘best’ tandem:

And the single:

STATO
    Free Member

Surly LHT from last year in Canada/USA (Considering an offroad tour this year so will prob just take the MTB on that with a ruckack, tho may add on a trailer if camping is involved)

DSC_0347 by dickyelsdon, on Flickr

And in unladen form for commuting..

Jan 10th by dickyelsdon, on Flickr

mustard
    Free Member

Hi AJ

We took the train to Mallaig then the ferry across to Armadale in the afternoon. A short ride across to near Tarsknavaig where we bivied the first night.

Day two we rode round to Elgol via a cracking wee tea shop on the road between Broadford and Elgol.

Day three we headed across the bridge to the mainland, stopping for fish and chips in Kyle before riding round the coast to Plockton, in all imaginable wearthers! Decided to push on a bit so rode on to Strathcarron where we spent an enjoyable evening in the hotel bar before retiring for the night to our bivy bags under a bridge.

Day four was a short ride over the Bealach to Applecross and two great meals in the Applecross Inn.

Day five we took the long way out of Applecoss to our only night in a real bed at the YHA in Torridon.

The last day we woke to heavy rain and the shortish ride to the station at Achnasheen via another tea shop in Kinlochewe, I think, where the owner totally mothered us getting us sorted out and drying by the stove before trying to get us to order anything 🙂

It was both of our first tour and we found that we had totally underestimated the mileages we could do in a day. However, we also found lots of great wee tea shops in which to spend the extra time we had. Commendations have to go to: the Blue one, possibly called the Wee Blue …. on the road from Broadford to Elgol, near Torrin I think. The little hut in Sheildaig and the old scout hut in Kinlochewe.

It would be a crime to pass through Applecross and not have seafood in the Inn. The tea shop in the walled garden was pretty good too 🙂

Any more info just shout!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

mustard – thats what it all about

Nice one

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Touring time is upon us……’ is closed to new replies.