Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Touring Suggestions 2nd Week March 5 to 7 Days
  • Basil

Cannot get holiday without the wife later so Scotland (my favorite) is out. Only just back on bike after seven months due to injury. So keen to pack my bike and get back on it. Done lots of C2C’s so not that again, need something easy this occasion and for me cycling is entertainment not a physical test.
    I thought hop a train to London, another train out to Gatwick then pedal Sustrans to south coast along to the left through Brighton, Hastings. Dover,Canterbury, Thames estuary into London for train home.
    Suggestions?

belugabob
    Free Member

Where do you live, Basil?
    Depending on your starting point, I may be able to suggest a few options.

We quite often do London to Brighton, and recently did a big loop of Sussex.

Planning some more multi day rides, this year.

dknwhy
    belugabob
    Free Member

@dknwhy – that looks really nice. Did any of those cakes/biscuits make it home intact? 😉

mlke
    Free Member

Roads around Exmoor are pretty and you’ve a fair chance of mild temps – better than Scotland anyway

MrTricky
    Free Member

dknwhy- thanks for that link to your trip, looks excellent.

I plan lots of stuff based on the weather. Why not look at the forecast a few days beforehand, pick up a map (Goldeneye can be good) of the area where the weather looks nicest and go. I’ve cycled (in Febraury) in the lakes and also Wiltshire like this. Lovely, quiet back roads etc at this time of year. Nothing booked, all spur of the moment. Normandy beaches (from Cherbourg down to Caen) is nice if the weather is reasonable.

richardthird

Newhaven-Dieppe ferry is £30 rtn with bike. No need to book in advance in March, group of us going later that month if weather looks alright

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Touring Suggestions 2nd Week March 5 to 7 Days’ is closed to new replies.