Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Touring bags on carbon road bike?
  • robbie
    Free Member

Looking at doing 3 days touring on my carbon road bike, Obviously it has no luggage mounts any ideas what to use to carry a change of clothes, waterproof etc? don’t want to use a backpack
    Cheers

scotroutes

Revelate/Wildcat/Alpkit/Apidura seatpack

A handlebar bag

An Axiom Streamliner Road rack and small panniers or rack pack.

TiRed

Tubes fly rack with qr and brake bridge mounts. Ortlieb panniers. Or a nice Nelson long flap saddlebag with bagman clamp.

bigrich

thebrowndog
    Free Member

Nice set up on that Cervelo. If its a one off trip and you dont want to drop a big wedge on it, a 13L Alpkit tapered drybag will strap nicely under your seat. And then a 13L or 20L Airlok bag strapped onto the bars. About £30 all up and very light as well.

wilburt
    Free Member

I did three days last year using two drybags, one strapped to the handlebars one to the seatpost. It was just enough for a change of clothes for the evenings, toothbrush etc.

If you can get the type of drybags with hoops (as above) it makes securing them easier.

robbie
    Free Member

cheers for the suggestions guys 😀

scotroutes

FWIW, I see dozens of carbon road bikes with an assortment of carrying solutions every year – mostly doing LEJOG / JOGLE. I’d say that seatpost-mounted racks are by far the most common option.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Touring bags on carbon road bike?’ is closed to new replies.