Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Tourers, Drop Bars, Bar Bags and Front Lights
  • scotroutes

Let’s see your solutions and lash-ups 🙂

stevied
    Free Member

Don’t use bags but, if you can find one, the Hope stem plate is a good place to fit your light if you need the bars to strap your bags onto..

headfirst
    Free Member

My carradice bar bag has an appendage underneath like a short section of handlebar for lights. Unfortunately the bag now sags so this is redundant.

So I’ve put a little LED light around the headtube. One of these:

http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/i/q/LISLSLEDBL/skull_led_bicycle_light

I don’t tend to tour at night, but for short rides to the pub from the campsite I use my headtorch, which conveniently has a red flashing light on the back:

Head Torches and Lighting

scotroutes

🙄
    😆

Edric64
    Free Member

I mount my light and motion urbans on the ends of the drops under the bars

joemarshall
    Free Member

My lights are on the caliper brake mount. Most dynamo lights are like that.

I can totally recommend dynamo lights by the way. I have a B+M one (IQ Fly I think, there are newer and brighter ones). I fitted it in September 2008, and haven’t touched it since, it turns on when it detects that it is dark, and turns off otherwise. Weighs next to nothing too, and the drag is less than noticeable. You can just go out and do a 100 miler in the dark and never have to worry about lights running out or spare batteries.

scotroutes

Aye – that’s one option. I’ve also used on of those add-on “computer mounts” on the forks but that means the beam is partially blocked by the wheel.

CraigW
    Free Member

If your bar bag uses a Klickfix mount, you can get one of these adapters to give space for lights etc. http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Rixen-Kaul-KLICKfix-Multi-Clip-Plus_44103.htm
    Though it depends on how big the bag is, and how tall the light is, the beam may get blocked by the bag.

scotroutes

Dynamo may well be on the shopping list once I try a couple of longer night rides.

stevied
    Free Member

scotroutes – Member

stevied » Don’t use bags but,

That’s the straps for the battery for my light….

scotroutes

Ortlieb unfortunately. I have one of those Minoura Space Bars that I could mount in a similar fashion but it affects access to the bag whilst riding.

thomthumb
    Free Member

dynamo (sp from ebay)
    and a b&M IQ cyo + from bike discount

Great set up; for around £100.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure that I’ll still be able to effectivly mount my MaxXD on the bars with this in situ?

Will check tonight Colin.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Tourers, Drop Bars, Bar Bags and Front Lights’ is closed to new replies.