Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Tour Series, roadies riding local cities starts tonight
  • project
    Free Member

Well the Tour Series starts tonight,7.00pm on itv4,from London Town and then for the next few weeks,different city centre circuit each time.

project
    Free Member

Starting NOW.ITV4

aP
    Free Member

poo. I was suposed to be at Canary Wharf yesterday afternoon, and I'm still at work now.

zaskar
    Free Member

Looking forward to go and watch this!

project
    Free Member

ITV 4,19.00 Rideing Durham cobles.

zaskar
    Free Member

Thanks Project!

colnagokid

The cobles of Durham proved a bit tricky for some of them, you might be able to spot me hanging over the barriers shouting encouragement, and swigging from a can of lager 8)

project
    Free Member

Well ive never seen so much premature ejeculation of bottles before, those cobbles dont half cause them to get exited and jump out.

Great race, and what an unexpected finish, and hope the chappie with the shoulder injury is ok, for next week.

Names omited incase anyone doesnt know the results yet,and will be watching the repeat tomorrow.

project
    Free Member

Wednesday 2 june from Portsmouth 7.00 pm itv4 then on friday at 7.00pm from Exeter, next week from Southport live on Tuesday and on tv on Wednesday.

Exeter is on on Thurday live and shown on itv4 on friday.

Kevevs
    Free Member

As much as I try, much roadbiking on telly is bloody boring to watch.

project
    Free Member

Its good when youre there, as you can ride the course, talk to the riders,really freindly chaps, and watch all the hard work that goes into the series, oh and get some freebies.

project
    Free Member

2 bad crashes and one guy got knocked his fett came out of the pedals and he fell hard on the top tube, careering across the peloton, he snapped the top tube in half, and even joked about it in a rather high pitched voice. 😆

Made good tv though.

project
    Free Member

Last night in Southport, one minor crassh that i saw, Irish rider,good fast race etc, on ITV4 tonight 7.00pm.

earbyphil
    Free Member

I was also in Southport yesterday. The back straight was very fast, so much so the rider caught the motorcycle cameraman and a few words were exchanged, to the great delight of the spectators. I thought the local council could have put in more of an effort for the kids. And so, on to Exeter for Thursday evening.

joolzed
    Free Member

Nope we'll be in Kettering tomorrow;0)
    Exeter was so last week….

crazy-legs

2 bad crashes and one guy got knocked his fett came out of the pedals and he fell hard on the top tube, careering across the peloton, he snapped the top tube in half, and even joked about it in a rather high pitched voice.

That would have been Rob Hayles, former National Road Race Champion and World Track Champion. Top bloke, he was pretty philosophical about it.

Southport last night, Kettering tomorrow.
    I was at Canary Wharf (VIP tickets dontcha know! 🙂 ), I'll probably go to the Chester round as well. Makes great TV, fantastic atmosphere at the events as well.

project
    Free Member

There is a really good atmosphere at the events, thanks HALFORDS and all the teams, and other workers,its great to actually walk up to world class cyclists and have a chat to them,everyone is so freindly, and quite a few freebies,to be had got a giant inflated hand, with a finger pointing outwards,now await a van driver to come to close and he gets it.

Oh and if you get there earlier enough you can actuually ride the course, wrong way down one way streets etc.

Chestet next week, free parking after 15.00 hours in the city centre car parks, and Llandegla is only about 30 minutes up the road.

joolzed
    Free Member

Nope Chester is the week after. We've got Peterborough and Stoke to come first and then Chester is on the Monday and finally Woking….

project
    Free Member

Sorry wrong date for chester as said above,

http://www.tourseries.co.uk

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Coolio, see y'all in Kettering tomorrow evening, (if I get out of work on time!!!)

project
    Free Member

Kettering tonight at 7.00pm itv4, the actual race was last night.

project
    Free Member

Peterborough tonight 7.00pm on ITV4, RACE WAS LAST NIGHT.

project
    Free Member

Last night was stoke on trent, serious crash on the finish straight at the begining of the race, ambulance on course,and a rider taken to hospital,ITV 4 tonight 7.00pm.

Good race though,

Chester on monday,on ITV 4 tuesday night.

crazy-legs

Was anyone over at Chester last night?
    Cracking race, the best of the series so far for me. Great atmosphere, loads of people out, good weather and some of the best racing seen all series. Bad crash on the final corner of the final lap though. 🙁

ITV4, 7pm tonight or race report here:
    http://new.britishcycling.org.uk/road/article/roa20100621-Report–Tour-Series-Chester-0

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Tour Series, roadies riding local cities starts tonight’ is closed to new replies.