Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • tour series bike race??
  • fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

has anyone seen this believe its being held in town’s all round the country, one is going on in Colchester Essex tonight i know it the dark side but its bike racing just wondered if it was worth going to see??.

jonathan
    Free Member

Has looked good from what I’ve seen on the ITV3(4?) coverage. Fast criterium style circuit racing. Rollapaluza have been attending some of them too, which is always fun.

BigDummy
    Free Member

City centre crits are ACE. Absolutely worth going. I missed our local one but always catch the Smithfield Nocturne. Huge fun. Drink. Shout. It’s all good. 🙂

jonathan
    Free Member
    Kuco

I watched a crit years ago and was amazed at the speed they can go at.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

would make an awesomw way to get kids into raceing.

Posters in local schools, free entry, cash/bike prize. If 200 enetered (race them in year groups, so 20-30 per year). Just imagine how many would get hooked!

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

believe there is a kids race on tonight before the main event so i think they are going down just that route

project
    Free Member

Been to 2 of them at Southport and this week at Stoke,both very well done, excelent stewardingand commentry, alongwith a fantastic 3 lad trials bike demo,the racing was fast and furious,and walking the track,there where some tight turns,and to see 25 plus roadies racing flat out round them was worth it,for the skill and excitement.
    All the riders where chatty and freindly,especially Halfords Bikehut.
    Repeats are on itv4,on their iplayer thingy.
    tonight Colchester, next Tuesday, Chester.

jova54
    Free Member

Had one in Woking two weeks ago which I missed because I had some work that day but it was apparently v well attended and the highlights on tv looked good.

Colchester round on ITV4 at 7.00pm tomorrow.

ourmaninthenorth

Crit racing is excellent and is a staple of more enlightened countries, particularly Belgium where the kermis culture is massive.

Crits are also the traditional way for TdF winners to make their money. they would be expected to divide their TdF winnings between their team, and instead indulge (hah!) in a punishing schedule of being battered by the local hero in every crit race up and down and across France.

I’m so pleased these have been succesful (though have failed to see any live – Chester next week, I think), as it’s a great way to show people that cycling is a fast and exciting sport, without having to ask them to undertsand the complexities of grand tour racing.

And it’s an opportunity for the spectators to yell a lot and get p*ssed.

😀

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

off to drive into town in a mo so keep your eyes open for a big fat mountain biker on the coverage tomorrow, ta ta for now let you know what it was like later.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘tour series bike race??’ is closed to new replies.