• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by P20.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Tour of the Carngorms
  • fergal
    Free Member

Planning on doing a lesser variant, over three days, ie via Braemar to Glen feshie, Aviemore to Tomintoul, then braemar, any advice appreciated, would it be better to do Aviemore to Braemar in one day?

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Yeah, Tomintoul to Braemar doesn’t take long. You can do Aviemore to Braemar via Tomintoul (Glen Brown) or via Glenmore, Bynack Mor and the Lairig an Laoigh. Or you could go up onto the plateau and drop down to join the Lairig an Laoigh. Good options to have!

fergal
    Free Member

Doing this starting tomorrow, I haven’t even decided which bike to take yet, thinking the hardtail, but will I miss the comfort of my Enduro, probably overkill for this but as I haven’t done a long ride in ages, i’m not so sure, experiences anyone.

FOG

A lot of the going is fairly straightforward but there are some interesting bits where taking an FS might be worth it!

P20

We did tomintoul > braemar > glen feshie > aviemore in a day, a long, bloody hard day some 12yrs or so ago. Good, but probably more enjoyable over two days. I’d be taking my full suss

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Tour of the Carngorms’ is closed to new replies.