Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 77 total)
  • Tour of the Black Country Roll Call
  • BillOddie

I’ll be there, slowly making my way round the route.
    I’m in the 9.40 wave which is probably for the best.

Black Jamis Renegade.
    Probably wear my favourite Dirt Rag Jersey and Black Sole socks.

Wave/say hello as you ride past me!

taxi25
    Free Member

I’ll be there, supposed to start at 10.30 but I’ll join my mate in the 9.44 wave.

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

I will be there.
    Not sure what time I am starting yet.
    Will be on black Giant TCX SLR2 with 28mm tyres and road gearing.
    Max

mrhoppy

Not this year unfortunately, it was a really good route last year although the organisation seemed a bit chaotic.

aP
    Free Member

Not this year, did it last year which was quite fun, except for the complete confusion about signing on, what was supposed to happen at the end and where it was starting from and what start times.
    Compared to riding the Paris-Roubaix touristique (which I’ve done for the last 4 years) its just too painful TBH.

MikeWW
    Free Member

I’ll be there. Look out for a few of us in Lichfield CCC/Zipvit kit

franki
    Free Member

I’ll be there on a GT Grade.
    Was meant to set off at 10.14, but my bro. is riding for his road club and I might go with him at an earlier slot.

phil40
    Free Member

I will be there, supposed to be setting off at 9:30am, but I think I will be setting off somewhere between 9:45-10am! Riding it with my brother and Angellus of this parish 😀

Possibly riding in my stormtrooper jersey, on a cheap Boardman CX bike…..don’t know about the gearing 🙂

willrab
    Free Member

I’ll be there. I’ll be riding a purple Escapade with dyno lights running the whole time.

Aiming to make it round, rather than a particular time. Should be leaving in the 9:58 slot.

lunge

Me!!!!

I’m off at 9:30 something, I’ll be to tall fella on the black Orbea likely wearing bright pink socks.

windydave13
    Free Member

I’ll be there, just hope i’ve got my quota of punctures out the way last night

rOcKeTdOg

0944 wearing f*** cancer socks

anagallis_arvensis

I’ll be there, worrying about ture pressure and my hips

lunge

I’ll be there, worrying about ture pressure

I did this last year, 90psi on 25’s did the job and it’s what I’m doing again this year. In fact, I just rode my winter roadie with zero changes bar an extra tube in my saddle bag.

kinda666
    Free Member

1028 I think or something like, hoping to get off a bit earlier, I’m at work at 6 so could do with an earlier slot

anagallis_arvensis

I’m using 28s. Not sure if I should go 100psi to avoid pinch flats or 80 to give grip….

Rocket dog, where did you get the socks?

rOcKeTdOg
    andysredmini
    Free Member

I’ll be there on my knackered old bianchi with skinny tires and gears that change when they fancy. I’m not sure what socks I’ll be wearing though.

anagallis_arvensis

Bought some socks, dont think they’ll arrive for saturday though!

doordonot
    Free Member

I’ll be there, along with a few others all wearing our new Bertie Maffoons bike shop kit. None of us put down the shop name as it’s not a club, so start times are all over the place. My reading of the rider brief was that the final route gpx was supposed to be sent out today (thursday), but I haven’t seen it. Anyone else got it?

franki
    Free Member

Just trying to decide if I should run 28c Pro4 Endurance or 32c Gravel Kings… 😕
    Would rather not have to worry about punctures.

rOcKeTdOg

I’m more worried about Shut Mill lane, I hate that climb

franki
    Free Member

It does drag on a bit…

lunge

I’m more worried about Shut Mill lane, I hate that climb

Odd, I bloody love it, it is one of my favorites in the area. You can obviously deviate up Winwood Heath Road if you want a really test of the legs.

franki
    Free Member

Odd, I bloody love it, it is one of my favorites in the area. You can obviously deviate up Winwood Heath Road if you want a really test of the legs.

I rode that a few weeks ago – first time in years!

flap_jack
    Free Member

Look out for the Guv’ners Assembly !

Haze

Shut Mill is the appetiser for the brick track!

I’m marshalling the Enville RR, hopefully riding if I can sort a wheel out. It shares part of the same route so keep ’em peeled…train coming through!

Have fun you lot, weather looks good for it…

lunge

Shut Mill is the appetiser for the brick track!

Shut Mill is a walk in the park compared to Waltonberg. Shut Mill is just a nice, not too steep, not too long climb that gets the legs nicely warm. Waltonberg is a battle of strength, grip and stubbornness. If it rains like it’s meant to, grip will be the main challenge.

anagallis_arvensis

Shut mill is OK. Makes the approach to Waltonberg easier too. You could fork left on shut mill up….cant remember opposite the Pyms house thats really step and you hit Waltonberg blowing out your arse.

lunge

anagallis_arvensis, Rumblow Lane/Spring Lane. Dirty route that is, Shut Mill is 100% the prefered option there.

franki
    Free Member

Waltonberg is a battle of strength, grip and stubbornness. If it rains like it’s meant to, grip will be the main challenge.

It’s tough, but grip is ok if you’re geared low enough to sit down for most of it. (And someone doesn’t stop in front of you…)

franki
    Free Member

We used to call Rumblow Lane “Fly Hill,” because a mate of ours caught one in his eye while bombing down it one time and had a bit of a spill. 😈

rOcKeTdOg

Shut Mill is 100% the prefered option there.

i’d prefer to do shut mill, then up past cuckoo corner and then down to the waltonberg start at speed…but then i suspect there’ll be a few riders standing around gathering strength for the WB that’d hinder me trying to blast up to the bend

willrab
    Free Member

I’m just planning on following the signs and hoping for the best. I’m sure 22% won’t be that bad…..

mattmbk
    Free Member

I’m in….. Pashley Guv’nor in the GA kit.
    3 gears, balloon tyres
    Start time dependant on hangover.

anagallis_arvensis

then i suspect there’ll be a few riders standing around gathering strength for the WB that’d hinder me trying to blast up to the bend

I suspect the bottom will be blocked by a load of numpties stuck grinding gears as they cant drop off the big ring.

rOcKeTdOg

willrab – Member
    I’m just planning on following the signs and hoping for the best. I’m sure 22% won’t be that bad….

It isn’t, but the Waltonberg is 28% 😉

foofighter
    Free Member

I’m there – B&W Cdf 20 – packing sunscreen ! 8)

alansd1980

Me too,

Lynskey cooper cx probably wheel sucking a black and white cdf….

Think we are off about tenish.

singlespeedstu

Plenty of dogshite and halfenders on the “sectors” for you all if today’s ride is anything to go by.
    Enjoy and keep your mouth closed. 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 77 total)

The topic ‘Tour of the Black Country Roll Call’ is closed to new replies.