Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Tour of Skiddaw pics
  • simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Gutted! I love Skiddaw. Sorry to have missed it.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Hope you picked out a nice cake :o)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    yunki
    Free Member

awesome terrain and setting… breathtaking

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

awesome terrain and setting

just an ordinary day out in The Lakes :o)

Diane
    Free Member

Does my arse look big in that?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

disappointingly neat perhaps ?

Trekster

Diane – Member

Not in that one 😳
    2nd row from bottom & middle pic, thats a better shot 😯

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

2nd row from bottom & middle pic, thats a better sho

bear in mind the composition of rows depends on the width of your screen 🙂

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

morning bump

monkeychild
    Free Member

Awesome 🙂 I love Skiddaw.

Beagleboy

Lovely pictures, and Skiddaw is a favourite loop of mine when my wife and I head down to Keswick for our wee holiday breaks. I've never ridden the path that climbs up alongside that fence though. I'll need to have a look at my maps again, because it looks much nicer than my usual route, which takes in a lot of tarmac.

So thanks for the pics, and thanks for the knowledge that I still have a new option to try. Bring on the summer hols!

B.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Great pictures!

timothecimmerian

Great pics as always.

Looks more fun up through Dodds Wood than the road way which is where we went 6 days earlier. Next time we'll be going that way for sure.

How many of you cleaned the rocky sections on Lonscale? My brother managed it quite comfortably, but he was the only one. A combination of slippy rocks (last weekend anyway) and a potential high penalty for failure meant an alarming display of mincing from the rest of us! 😉

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I'll need to have a look at my maps again, because it looks much nicer than my usual route, which takes in a lot of tarmac.

Turn right on the road to Bassenthwaite at the ramshackle wooden bus shelter, then L at the T and up a short flight of steps on the R in about 300m. Follow the obvious path to the right of the woods, which then turns into a very steep push. When it levels there's a stile on the left over the wall there – follow the path through the woods which joins a fire road which leads to the first shot. It's much harder work than the road, but also far more rewarding, with excellent singletrack and views. You end up descending to Barkbeth Farm to rejoin the usual route.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

How many of you cleaned the rocky sections on Lonscale?

none, even Martyn dabbed – though I have done it once in the dry. I rarely get to see anyone do it as I'm trailing far behind snapping 🙂

timothecimmerian

It's the price you pay for those gratuitous arse shots!

mrh86

Was an awesome ride – really enjoyed it (apart from navigating way out of keswick!)

Trekster

bear in mind the composition of rows depends on the width of your screen

51 of 54

tragically1969
    Free Member

Is that guy in red a performing clown, he is on the ground more than on the bike !

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Is that guy in red a performing clown

he's a beginner, OK ? At least he's trying :o)

tragically1969
    Free Member

Sorry, bit unfair perhaps, i should have added that i have been seen rolling round the fells on my back a fair few times.

Diane
    Free Member

That guy in red was on a bike for the 5th time! He did exceptionally well.

mrh86

I didnt realise he was quite new to mountain biking until sunday. Was chatting to someone on the sunday ride, who said that his first ride with bogtrotters was around calderdale, and was a baptism by fire sort of ride!

timothecimmerian

That's no small effort for someone new to MTB, and certainly more involved than a spin around Follow the Dog or suchlike. We had a mate with us that's only been out a handful of times before too. No offs for him but he did suffer on the Whitewater Dash climb.

OT: He bought one of the sale Anthem X's before Christmas for about £850. What a great bike for the money! If I was in the market now, that's where my cash would be going.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Tour of Skiddaw pics’ is closed to new replies.