Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Tour Of Flanders 2018
  • Mister-P
    Free Member

Registration for the 2018 Tour Of Flanders sportive opens tomorrow. Anyone from here signing up? I’ve ridden it the past two years and can’t decide on whether to ride it again or try something different.

the00
    Free Member

Yeah, I’m planning on registering. Not sure about the full route or something shorter.

tthew

No. Our spring cycling drinking trip is going to Barcelona this year for the Volta Catalonia. Las year we went to Belgium over the previous weekend, rode the Fabian Cancellara sportive and caught the end of the Gent-Wevelgem. Both were much less crowded and pleasant to ride/spectate.

Apologies to any Flandriens for the spelling here. 😀

Marge
    Free Member

As a ‘Flandrien’, not so bothered by the RvV hence I’m also heading to Catalunya but for the 3 day UCI MTB race in Igualada. (apologies to the Catalans for my spelling) 😉

(It’s an exchange deal as we will be having Puigdemont here in Belgian for the foreseeable) 🙂 🙂

eddie11
    Free Member

Paris roubaix? I enjoyed the riding more in roubaix but the craic is better at rvv

redmist
    Free Member

Did Flanders this year, thinking about LBL next year for variety unless I hear that is a terrible idea

kennyp
    Free Member

Did Flanders this year, thinking about LBL next year for variety unless I hear that is a terrible idea

We’ve done Flanders, LBL and a few of the other ones (P-R, G-W and Amstel) where there’s a sportive on the Saturday then the pro race on the Sunday. Always had great weekends with plenty Belgian beer once our version was finished. Something you’ll get in very few other sports i.e. competing on the same “stage” as the big boys.

LBL is well worth doing, though the full route is brutal (well beyond my abilities). Flanders is the better of the two (I reckon) but LBL was still great fun. Very different route and feel to it. Liege isn’t, to be fair, the most attractive of cities, but is all right for a few days. Go for it.

aP
    Free Member

We used to go to RvV 2006-2010 then it got too busy, then have done Paris-Roubaix 2011-17 but its now getting too busy, next year we’re going to Tro Bro Leon instead.
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6zsLRXh9Ks[/video]

notmyrealname
    Free Member

We did Paris Roubaix last year so planning on heading over for Flanders this year.
    It’s tempting to stay the extra week and ride Paris Roubaix again the weekend after but not sure I can get the time off work for it.
    I think LBL and Strade Bianche are on the cards for 2019 as well 😀

the00
    Free Member

I registered for the 170km in the end, which is the longest option starting in Oudenaarde.

Digger90
    Free Member

I’ve entered – the full route again.

2018 will be my 5th time riding it 😀

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Tour Of Flanders 2018’ is closed to new replies.