Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Tour of Britian – volunteering
  • iain1775
    Free Member

Volunteered to help out on stage 2 of the ToB a while ago as it passes not far away from us, received automatic confirmation email and then nothing, not even a ‘thanks but no thanks’ follow up
    Not that bothered, might have been nice to do something, and I took a day off work on the off chance (was planning on going to watch anyway so no big shakes)
    Bit disappointed in the lack of communication more than anything, not really the way to encourage people to get more involved in the sport
    Anyone else volunteer or helping out? (Or like me applied and heard nothing)
    Anyone going to watch?
    I’m going to take the daughter to see the first sprint on Notts-Knowsley stage, she is quite excited at waving her flag now so good job in a way I’m not helping out

RAFDH
    Free Member

I have volunteered for the last two years. The first was a good experience and was well organised, received plenty of info beforehand, etc. Last year was a different story. I turned up at the stage finish as instructed to be left standing waiting for an hour only to be told that I wasn’t required. I’ll stick to volunteering a local races in future.

spacemonkey

I started down the volunteering route for the Olympic road races but found the comms messy and uninspiring. Decided to opt out and grabbed a spot by the roadside instead.

Didn’t think about it for the ToB though.

OmarLittle
    Free Member

I’m the same – applied and havent heard anything back since. Pretty poor show really with the total lack of communication!

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

The lack of communication will be because some one will be more bothered about making money for themselves than sorting out people who have volunteered.

I won’t volunteer for any of these type of things as unfortunately some one will always be making lots of money off the back of volunteers

andylakes

Volunteered for the Carlisle-Blackpool stage,got confirmation which asked which section of the stage I wanted and got email last week confirming (KOM at Shap summit) with briefing. Truncation not brilliant but OK for me.
    Lets see how the actual day goes.
    Andy

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Tour of Britian – volunteering’ is closed to new replies.