Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Tour of Britain – stage 7, Surrey
  • cinnamon_girl

Anyone else in Guildford today?

It was awesome on the cobbled street by the finish line. 😀 8)

crikey
    Free Member

I saw you in the tv coverage, nice hat.

cinnamon_girl

Trying to keep a low profile crikey. 😉

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    crikey
    Free Member

😉

handyandy
    Free Member

I was volunteering in the high street today. The atmosphere was incredible!

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

We popped out of a trail in between Pitch & Hombury today to find all the police sweepers coming through, so hung around for the riders to come past.

In short, it was remarkably dull. I’ll stick to watching the TDF highlights on the telly I think.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Couldn’t be there today unfortunately, was great last year

allthepies
    Free Member

I was watching on the Hogs Back, recognised Brad but the others were generic skinny blokes.

cinnamon_girl

I was volunteering in the high street today. The atmosphere was incredible!

Yes, it certainly was. 🙂 Struggled a bit to see the big screen, also struggled with the presentation due to so many arms in the air holding cameras. Got a bit cross about that!

handyandy
    Free Member

cant argue with that, I was only able to see some crash helmets whizz by through the gaps in the crowd. Still worth it though, great to be a part of it.

Digger90
    Free Member

Watched it in Cranleigh then hot-footed it over to Guildford and watched them on the cobbles.

Did the same last year. FANTASTIC atmosphere! And wasn’t Cav brill?

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Don’t you get cold waiting around to see them in your bike gear?

cinnamon_girl

Definitely a few people with bikes watching the race. Actually next to us there were people with a Westie. 😯 Animal cruelty in my book!

So exciting seeing Cav, what a guy. 😀

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Was watching son play footie so missed the actual event this year (was at Barhatch last year). Highlights last night were disappointing. OK tree cover doesn’t help but nothing of my normal road hautns (eg Barhatch, Leith, Pitch Hill and around Hankley) but a lot of the A31!!!!!

Still great finish and must have been exiting cG to have watched that live. The aerial shots of the peloton blasting blast the Harvester at Puttenham were impressive.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Like how Jack Bauer tucked his rubbish into his jersey rather than chuck it to the side of the road…

brakes
    Free Member

yeah, what was up with the highlights? was looking forward to seeing some of the usual Surrey roads being blasted by the pros and all we got was a dual carriageway! bad show.

singletrackmind

I rode up from Hindhead on the road bike. Had to have a word ( rant ) at a blithering idiot who overtok on the blind left hand corner just after the Good Intent at Puttenham. Caught him at the junction and put my point across , without swearing .
    Rode up over the Hogs Back and watched on the short sharp climb out of Warnborough.
    Great atmosphere with a big crowd , saw myself on the tele too.
    Then rode around for 30 mins , and had my arse properly handed to me by a girl from Wyndy Millars race team . Then back up to the A31 Hogs Back exit where I watched the break from the outside of the corner ( saw myself on the tele again ) , and the peleton from the inside apex , so about 1m away.
    Found some Oakleys so had a right result , then met a rider in Elstead and rode back to the car part way with him.
    Was a great atmosphere , with people waiting cheering and shouting ‘Allez’ at me as I rode the wrong way up the route , about an hour before the race was due.

J-R

Saw them at Ranmore, then Newlands and finally in Guildford Hight Street. Then SS’d home along the NDW with Mrs R.

ToB Stage 7 snaps

A great day, although you’ve got to get a good spot to see anything at Guildford. I hope they come through Surrey again next year – perhaps I’ll go to Barhatch next time.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Kind of strange that they went all the way over to Churt and didn’t climb the hill up to Hindhead. It would have been the biggest hill they climbed all day…

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Tour of Britain – stage 7, Surrey’ is closed to new replies.