Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Tour of Britain pics from today (it was a bit wet!!)
  • grum
    Free Member

Pretty tough conditions for taking pics but I managed to just about get Wiggo in shot so I’m happy. 🙂

Edit: Not sure why they are so small, sorry – click for bigger

tang
    Free Member

Nice! Thats my mate riding for ukyouth in the break (former mtb rider!). Hope its drier on Friday in the Beacons…

postierich
    Free Member

Not a great day for photos brilliant sunshine in Kendal now!

DSCF2125[1] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

grum
    Free Member

Nice one tang – what’s his name?

Indeed rich – same here now too. It’s funny how the riders look much more like old biffers out for a Sunday ride when they’ve got their waterproof gear on. 🙂

reggiegasket
    Free Member

Near Bay Horse, just coming under the railway.

tob by reggiegasket, on Flickr

tang
    Free Member

Niklas Gustavsson. He used to ride on the Swedish national mtb team. Service course for ukyouth are round the corner and Nik lodges with my other mate on the same team. They are all a nice bunch. Magnus Backstead is a giant! Hard lads, brutal training in all weathers.

bazwadah
    Free Member

Grum, nice photos! looks like you picked a better spot than the Caton sprint – loads of people out despite the weather (good that the rain stopped just before the riders arrived as everyone got their umbrellas out of the way)
    I took 204 photos – only got two semi-decent ones.

IMG_1572 by Bazwadah, on Flickr

IMG_1571 by Bazwadah, on Flickr

Got to say the police motorbikes were ace! they really seamed to be get the crowd going and enjoying the closed roads..lots of lights, sirens, weaving about etc.

faz083
    Free Member

nice pics!

ChrisE
    Free Member

100m above Oxenholme Station. Hope the weather improved for Blackpool. Don’t tell me the result I need to watch the ITV4 highlights tonight![/b]

C

Lifer
    Free Member

tang – Member
    (former mtb rider!).

Good descender?

MrSparkle

Rode up to Shap KOM (only from Orton so no heroics) thinking I was massively overdressed – bib longs, thermal, overshoes etc – rode off it after with borderline hypothermia! Jeebus I was cold and soaked! Could hardly switch the phone on to take pics and the ones I did take are garbage. Still it was pretty cool having some of the worlds best riders whiz by within a foot or so.

mt
    Free Member

Lifer – just what I thought :-), funny thing is I’m an mtb’er but I’m crap downhill as my busted leg proves.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Good pictures, the ones I took were just like the weather – shit.

Managed to watch it up at Shap, then we jumped in the car and drove down to Kirkby Lonsdale and we managed to see them there aswell. Great day.

simmy
    Free Member

Blasted upto Carlisle first thing to see the startline and literally bumped into Nigel Mansell, nice guy, had a quick chat with him.

Then went to Shap for the KOM, got a free brew and Soreen and had a go on a Wattbike – got 485 watts average and maxed at 930ish – I nearly threw up after showing off on that 😳

Got absolutley soaked, despite being Goretexed up, but was within touching distance of Cav & Wiggo. My initall plan was to blast down to Blackpool for the finish but it was so wet I couldnt be bothered.

Watched it at home and it was sunny – Oh well – great day anyway 😀

tang
    Free Member

He’s handy in the crits also. That is more like a pro xc race I reckon!! His reasoning for switching was money and opportunity, both of which are thin on the ground compared to road. Big maggi as a mentor and serious backing by Nigel Mansell.

Cammer
    Free Member

Photos from Old Hutton KoM

Breakaway group, rider on the left had just seen his mum, hence smile.

The Peloton, but where is Wiggo??

There he is! 😀

thehustler
    Free Member

Going up to brocton (cannock chase) for when they pass tommorrow, will try and get some nice pics, its a short hill but quite steep so hopefully someone will be idn a break away on/before it

grum
    Free Member

Cool to see some other pics from the rest of the stage. I like the Wiggins and support car shot 🙂

Grum, nice photos! looks like you picked a better spot than the Caton sprint – loads of people out despite the weather (good that the rain stopped just before the riders arrived as everyone got their umbrellas out of the way)
    I took 204 photos – only got two semi-decent ones.

Yeah I ended up just sneaking past to the front after a load of people put up massive brollies right in front of me!

justinbieber

Carnage at the start in Carlisle

Larger pics here: http://jamesvincentphotography.tumblr.com/

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Tour of Britain pics from today (it was a bit wet!!)’ is closed to new replies.