Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • tour of britain
  • tony_m
    Free Member

Jens withdrew yesterday according to the coverage

From the Lay-o-pard Trek website…

The peloton went through a left-hand corner that was slippery because it was wet. Riders went down, and Jens couldn’t avoid them. It wasn’t possible for him to continue.

Updated: Jens Voigt has a comminuted fracture of the metacarpale of the forefinger. In laymen’s terms, he has broken his index finger. An operation will be required to assure the break heals properly. For now, Voigt will have the finger bandaged at the hospital. He will return to Berlin for an operation sometime in the next few days.

fizzer
    Free Member

“We sometimes start our Tuesday Night Club rides from there, there’s usually a few mattress-luggers dangling by their finger nails…”

That’ll be Stinky Pete & his mates

“Make yourself known next time you’re passing – kettle’s always on for another cyclist!”

Is that offer open to his mates too? 🙂

Shibboleth
    Free Member

There’s no Stinky Pete rides with us… Plenty of lads that should be prefixed with Stinky though!

We’re the Chipping Muddies… We usually finish at the Tillotsons in Chipping but we generally ride Geoffrey and the Fell, the Trough, Gisburn etc.

I think we’re riding Ouster Rake and Whitendale from Dunsop Bridge tonight… Should be fun in this weather! 🙂

llama

SHUT UP FINGER

BenjiM

Shibboleth – Neil Proctor amongst your bunch? I think I’ve encountered you up the fell before now on a Tuesday, me and Fizzer are part of the Wednesday night crew – Early Risers, har!

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Doctor Proctor certainly is one of our number! I’ve probably said hello to you on the fell – we don’t often encounter other riders.

I’m usually on an orange Soul or a white Blur (assuming you’re like me and only recognise people by their bikes!!)

BenjiM

I’ve spoken to Neil a couple of times once on the bike and once walking the dog. And yep I tend to recognise people by their bikes. Blue Mmmbop or Black Viper susser here.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Updated: Jens Voigt has a comminuted fracture of the metacarpale of the forefinger. In laymen’s terms, he has broken his index finger.

Corrected for you Trek Leopard 😉

Shibboleth
    Free Member

I’ll keep an eye out mate! 🙂

fizzer
    Free Member

I meant Stinky Pete would be climbing on Craig y longridge

BenjiM

Mind if I join you tonight? The wifes at Brownies and it keeps her happy if I’m out at the same time as she is.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Shouldn’t be a problem mate, not sure what the plan is yet – we tend to decide around lunchtime dependent on the weather. If this rain continues it might be Gisburn. We always meet at 6.30 and ride for a couple of hours.
    What’s your email?

BenjiM

b e n j a m i n . m a r t i n 1 @ t i s c a l i . c o . u k .

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘tour of britain’ is closed to new replies.