Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Tour of Britain 2014
  • dexa

Can anyone tell me who won the King of the Mountain stage on Hay Tor?

mintimperial

Andreas Stauff. It says here (they’ve really worked hard to hide the navigation on that page, if you look closely you’ll see a tab with ‘Mountain’ on it in very slightly lighter text, click on that).

Also, how about Alex Dowsett? Cracking ride today! 😀

40mpg

Spoiler police will have you for that ^^ 😀

dexa

Many thanks for your help with that, have found said button!

mintimperial

You’re welcome dexa. It flummoxed me for a while too…

Spoiler police will have you for that

Spoiler police can get bent. Stay off bike forums if you don’t want to hear about bike races, jeez. 🙄

AlexSimon

Nothing revealed in the title – I think you’re ok 🙂

mintimperial

Good, good, glad to hear it… Actually, nothing is really revealed in my post. Maybe I’m just impressed because he wheelied the entire last kilometre to the line or something? 😉

mrblobby
    Free Member

… and that endo on crossing the line! 😯

unklehomered
    Free Member

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWSEEEEEETTTT!!!!!!!!!!

Painey
    Free Member

Will catch up with it when I get in tonight but don’t mind knowing the result. I’ll be watching it on Ditchling Beacon tomorrow so looking forward to that.

Lifer
    Free Member

I’m hoping to watch it in two different places tomorrow, nasty little climb just outside of Horsham then cycling down to Ditchling.

wwaswas

Dowsett: “It’s a bit frustrating having ‘Go Wiggo’ shouted at the breakaway when he’s not in it”

🙂

Will be watching beside the big barn just outside Stanmer tomorrow so we can get a ride in the woods after they’ve been through.

birdage

We’ve got a big screen at Harveys Depot outside the train station in Lewes tomorrow. I’ll be serving Smoked Cheese and Mushroom Galettes!

lunge

This result makes the tomorrow very interesting. Given Dowsett won’t lose any/much time in the TT someone is going to have to attacked him tomorrow. Could make for a lively bit of racing.

TiRed

Will catch up with it when I get in tonight but don’t mind knowing the result

This. Great result.

Rather than just watch, I rode Stage 5 yesterday (all except the first 10 miles), and it was really tough. Stopped at Haytor to allow them through 😉 They weren’t exactly racing over the summit, even the breakaway, and probably needed the rolling mid-Devon A roads to recover after Dartmoor. It was nice to be cheered on by the Yodel van as he put the signs away at regular stops.

slowoldman

Great ride by Dowsett but who in their right mind gives a bloke like that 9 minutes in a race that’s going to be won by seconds? I think someone dropped the ball.

unklehomered
    Free Member

Dowsett: “It’s a bit frustrating having ‘Go Wiggo’ shouted at the breakaway when he’s not in it”

Someone’s writing Allez Dowsett in the road yes??? If not, to the hardware shop to buy paint with you!

cinnamon_girl

Fantastic ride by Alex Dowsett but what a shame he was pipped to the post.

psling
    Free Member

He was happy c_g, did a deal for the stage win in exchange for help keeping far enough ahead to take the gc 8)

lemonysam
    Free Member

Great stage yesterday, plus what a ride by Tom Stewart to hang in there with those two.

drofluf
    Free Member

Fantastic ride by Alex Dowsett but what a shame he was pipped to the post.

Said on the BBC that he gave Brandle the stage:

“I spoke to Matthias and we made an agreement he would go for the stage because I knew there was a good chance I would take yellow and it was a risk I was willing to take,” Dowsett told ITV.

soobalias
    Free Member

i rode kop hill through the crowd yesterday, then watched the race come through hampden, Alex had about 5mins at that point.
    If he had slowed down a little he would have clearly heard his name being screamed.

nice of wiggo to a. have the beard and b. be near the front of the peleton.

omg how big is kittel? he was leading the rest of the ‘fatties’ who must have struggled with Kop hill.

the guy in the black/red getting a tow from a team car was most impressive, touching the bumper at something like 40mph.

GoooooooooooWan ALEX!!!

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Tour of Britain 2014’ is closed to new replies.