Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Tour highlights, ITV4, Sky series link problem, anyone else?
  • IHN

We have the 7pm ITV4 Tour highlight on Sky+ series link. Normally start watching about quarter/half past so we can fast forward through the adverts.

So, sat down to watch last night at about half past and, WTF? It’s not recording! Mild panic, followed by swift setting to record of the ITV4+1 showing instead.

Anyway, while waiting for that to start, I started playing around with the recording planner to see what was going on. Series link is there, but yesterday’s episode didn’t seem to be linked to the series. Tonight’s is. Tomorrow’s isn’t. Sunday’s is. At that point I gave up…

Anyone else have the same problem?

Notter
    Free Member

Not a help to you but no, not having the same problem! Have you done a software update recently? I did have a bunch of issues with the TV guide and planner a while ago, very unresponsive, not seeing much programming more than 2 hours ahead, all fixed with a software update.

Alternatively, I’d suggest deleting the series link, powering off the box at the mains, restarting and resetting the series link.

IHN

Yeah, we tried the ‘delete the link and start again’, but it didn’t seem to work. Will try shutting down the box.

convert

Perhaps they have been forewarned about which stages will feature Murdoch’s men looking most spiffing?

chakaping
    Free Member

No problem here.

Is there someone else in the house who might be getting fed up with you watching it every day?

IHN

Nope, we all love the Tour in this house, even the dog 🙂

Buzzlightyear
    Free Member

No problem here.

nbt

Series link working fine on freeview, dunno about cooncil telly though, can’t afford that in our house 🙂

Notter
    Free Member

If that doesn’t work here’s info on forcing a software update:

http://skyepginfo.co.uk/HowToGuides/Skybox-Update.php

chakaping
    Free Member

Nope, we all love the Tour in this house, even the dog

My dog loves it. He knows he’s gonna get a bone to keep him quiet for an hour when he hears that snatch of Kraftwerk at the start.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Yes, I’ve been having series link issues recently. I missed the first couple of the tour highlights. Seemed to have sorted itself out now. I’m sick of sky, been meaning to ditch it for a while and replace with free sat and an HDD (TV has twin freesat HD tuners) but can’t bear the 45 minute attempts for sky to keep you which I’ve been warned about by a few other people.

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Aye loads of problems here, series link has been failing for weeks, thought it was just out box.

nickstikits
    Free Member

Yep, same problem here, have to remember to set the next days to record each night, annoying.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Tour highlights, ITV4, Sky series link problem, anyone else?’ is closed to new replies.