• This topic has 23 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by jedi.
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • tour du mt blanc
  • jedi

just back from five amazing days riding around mt blanc off road. loved every minute, even if it was hard going at times. amazing descents and climbs

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Followed this with interest on Facebook. Looked awesome. Very jealous.

jedi

it rocked. last time we did it was 13yrs ago and were fitter but this time it felt like it was an adventure.

maddyutah

great photo,how about a wee write up
    Hoping to do this next summer
    A few questions
    1-Clockwise or anti
    2-Guided or self supported,Is it easy enough to follow trail- i believe its all waymarked
    3-Accommodation did you pre book or just pitch up
    4-Trails around Chamonix,is there a summer ban on MTB’s

MSP

Looking at doing this myself next year. Did you organise it yourself or go with a guide? I was thinking of going on one of the Ben Jones weeks.

jedi

we did it ourselves. my partner drove our bags to where we stayyed each night.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Definitely the sort of thing on my list for when the boys are a little older.

Joe

I did it in 3 days in June. It was **** brutal. I also did the carry over the last col into the valley which leads to Saint Gervais. I was very tired at the end. Did I mention its very hard?

I’ll be publishing a video in a few days. I went Chamonix>Champex>Courmayeur direction. I did it with bike packing gear and a small tent, staying the first night near Champex and the second night on the col at the end of the Val Veny.

jedi

Tour du Mt Blanc write up

I just wrote some words on it here

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

I did it with MBMB/Phil/Fraser in 2011. It was my first foray into the Alps and a nice introduction. Although a lot less descending than I imagined and a hell of a lot of climbing/road work. That photo looks like the descent down from Col Ferret into Courmayeur.

Ben Jones MTB looks to now do a much better route these days staying high and focussing on alpine singletrack and using vans/lifts for more height gain.

jedi

We did little Road.

Drac

Look alright I suppose.

BeveledEdge
    Free Member

Hey Jedi,

Just read your blog, looks like an awesome week! I’m going out to Cham in a few weeks with this as an objective. Your route looks particularly good, do you have a GPX for it?

Thanks!

jedi

i dont. we used maps and my mate gps’ed it

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

I fancy doing this next year instead of Mallorca on the road bike 😯

Seen a few trips with guides, really like the idea, looks bloody awesome.

jedi

i’m still buzzing from it. stoopid hot weather and amazing storms at nights and many many beers!

Gallery

flap_jack
    Free Member

did this 12 years ago, looks as good now as it did then. envy.

do any tour companies still do it ?

fancy Cham to Zermatt one day…

bigdaddy

I’ve done it twice, well different unofficial loops anyway. Absolutely stunning trips – hot sun, snow, and amazing riding. Just love the Alps…

bullandbladder
    Free Member

Did it in foot a few years back, it was ace – but would very much like to return with a bike!

evh22
    Free Member

Just come back from Ben Jones MTB Adventures Tour de Mont Blanc. It was fantastic. Not only are the trails absolutely amazing but the whole trip felt like a real holiday with really lovely hotels, excellent food and guides. Despite tough riding (and plenty of hike-a-bike) I felt more relaxed than I ever have on a biking holiday and really felt like I had a great adventure.

I’ve been on plenty of guided holidays but I’d say this was the best biking holiday ever, perhaps joint with Basque MTB: both of whom really have got the idea of biking on a holiday nailed.

Shinythings
    Free Member

Out there to do it this Sept, so on the lookout for good info on places to stay as pretty much decided to forego the bivvy gear in favour of full sussers and refuges, etc.
    Any recommendations on accommodation appreciated from those who have done it.
    Certainly looks like a tick-lister trip 🙂

fergal
    Free Member

Got to do this, my partner does the race.

Is clockwise best, climbing v descents.

jedi

clockwise. my blog says where we stayyed i think. i’m still processing it all. deffo do the hike to bovine!!

jedi

I’ll post more pics later

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘tour du mt blanc’ is closed to new replies.