Viewing 38 posts - 41 through 78 (of 78 total)
  • Tour de France stage 20 – Marseille / Marseille – The race of truth
  • leffeboy

oo bardet could lose his podium place 🙁

jakd95
    Free Member

Hope Bardet holds his podium place!

wallop

I hope Froome doesn’t do the same!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mrblobby
    Free Member

Nice carrot for Froome.

wallop

Into the barrier, I mean!

leffeboy

oh

jakd95
    Free Member

Looks like he might just have done it!

Edit: By a single second!

lazybike
    Free Member

They need to get over that booing lark.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Happy hour at the Bistro du Coin, couldn’t be happier to see Froome chasing his man down 8)

Good luck to Bardet, he could win one day just not now 😉

taxi25
    Free Member

They need to get over that booing lark

Plus 1 Just shaming themselves 🙁

leffeboy

1 second, incredible. soooo boring

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Hell yeah!

mrblobby
    Free Member

Bardet, just.

Great result for Bodnar, so often on domestique duties.

Wonder if Froome will try and go for his stage win tomorrow 😉

wallop

Nice one Bardet!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Well done Froome

ferrals
    Free Member

Relieved for Bardet!

bikebouy
    Free Member

I sure felt for Bardet, quite anxious at times..certainly on that climb in-out-in-out of the saddle. 😯 🙂

Huge roar when into the stadium, which was superb. Sadly I think he cracked under the weight of expectation and internal pressure. I do hope he is able to win a Tour in the near future.

Glad Uran did well, such a cool a performance under pressure.

fifeandy
    Free Member

Any intermediate sprints for Landa tomorrow? 💡

lazybike
    Free Member

Any intermediate sprints for Landa tomorrow?

Blimey…like the French don’t hate them enough already!

fifeandy
    Free Member

If they are going to boo anyway, may as well give them something to boo about 😆

lazybike
    Free Member

😀 …Landa will get his chance for payback in next years one.

weeksy

He’s got to try and break Bardet surely? Even though it’s not usually the done thing

Superficial
    Free Member

What’s the etiquette? Is Landa allowed to race for 3rd? He wouldn’t be attacking yellow. I suspect SKY might not want him to but theoretically??

lazybike
    Free Member

He’s got to try and break Bardet surely? Even though it’s not usually the done thing

He’s had his chance…I guess if Bardet gets dropped or something then fair enough, but to actually attack him would be a bit off.

badnewz
    Free Member

Sadly I think he cracked under the weight of expectation and internal pressure. I do hope he is able to win a Tour in the near future.

There are reports he was ill.

lunge

Tactically brilliant work from Sky and Froome, did exactly what was needed to win the race.

In theory anyone can attack tomorrow, Landa, Uran and Bardet included. I practise, Landa isn’t going to finish top 3 as there are a pile of sprint team who will make sure it ends in a sprint finish. In the same way a break won’t stick, this is the world cup of sprinting and those teams won’t let anyone spoil the party.

weeksy

Lunge, he doesn’t need to win the stage, just split the pack?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Bardet sure looked completely drained sitting on the kerb. I always say ride till you puke, but actually in this instance I feel for him.
    I have the utmost respect for him.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Now shouldn’t this have been tomorrow? So much better than the time waste of the current normal end stage which is tedium that you can predict until the last 100 yards.
    TTing isn’t the greatest spectator sport I know but anything is better than a bloody procession.

fifeandy
    Free Member

Paris TT to finish certainly wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world and would make an interesting change from going round and round waiting to see which sprint leadout gets to the final bend first.

jimdubleyou

Paris TT to finish certainly wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world

Yeah, but the last time they did that, Greg Lemond beat Laurent Fignon. I can’t see them ever doing that again…

mrlebowski
    Free Member

I think a TT on the last day in Paris would be an awesome idea.

Much as I enjoy the spectacle that is the sprint on the Champs Elysee, imagine how good it would be if it went to the last day on a TT on the Champs!

Merak

The booing of Froome was poor show.

atlaz
    Free Member

Much as I enjoy the spectacle that is the sprint on the Champs Elysee, imagine how good it would be if it went to the last day on a TT on the Champs!

Frequently the TT is boring and doesn’t do much for the final top places. Having a sprint ensures that there’s a race rather than just watching a load of single riders on a mostly flat parcours which, if there’s no mixup in the race, would be dull as ditchwater. Also it means more of Paris gets to see the peloton.

theotherjonv

Yep, in my mind the race finishes after the saturday stage and the sunday is like the closing ceremony, and so should it be. So the folks that have busted their balls for the last 3 weeks can have a ride around and say well done to the other teams, share a laugh, drink champagne in formation and other fripperies. Then the retirees can ride around Paris for a bit, maybe make a crack at escaping off the front one last time (in full tongue out mode, I’m sure – Tommy V, don’t let us down) and then the sprinters can have a last whack to make it seem like a race.

That’s the point of sunday.

Kryton57

+1

And Lunge, thankyou for your efforts, much appreciated. God knows what I’m going to read over breakfast tomorrow…

exupmonkey
    Free Member

We were in the stadium yesterday, the booing for Froome leaving the start hut was deafening. The cheering for Bardet as he re entered the stadium was also deafening, but that only lasted a few seconds until the spectators realised that Froome was right on his tail, beautiful silence! We had no idea Chris had made up so much time as there was no flow of information of events outside the venue. More respect showed to him when he was on the podium but there were still pockets of fans booing, very disappointing!

mrlebowski
    Free Member

It’s a procession on Sunday & feels like a totally separate race with nothing to do with the Tour.

Basically a crit.

Viewing 38 posts - 41 through 78 (of 78 total)

The topic ‘Tour de France stage 20 – Marseille / Marseille – The race of truth’ is closed to new replies.