• This topic has 135 replies, 46 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by D0NK.
Viewing 16 posts - 121 through 136 (of 136 total)
  • Tour de France Stage 17 – Digne les Bains/Pra Loup – In the heart of the legend
  • molgrips
    Free Member

The GC is fascinating looking again, Sky 1st and 4th, Movistar 2nd and 3rd yet you have to go down to 17th to find the next 2nd rider

In other words, a Sky domestique is ahead of most of the team leaders. And people are wondering how come Froome is doing so well?

aP
    Free Member

In other words, a Sky domestique is ahead of most of the team leaders. And people are wondering how come Froome is doing so well?

What about in 2012 when our great raffle caller won, who was high on GC then?

lunge

Oddly, the point I was attempting to make is that you need a team mate up there to stay in the mix, you can’t do it alone. Had Bertie had support he may be higher.

forzafkawi
    Free Member

That last descent was super-scary. Whatever happend to all the predictions that the super decenders Nibali and Valverde would leave Froome for dead? Even Quintana was able to keep up.

Hats off to them all actually and a pity Contador decked it earlier as well. Pinot showed what can happen with a moment’s lapse of concentration/technique.

I can’t see Movistar/Quintana being able to do anything about Froome on this Tour unless something untoward befalls him.

aracer
    Free Member

That’s one possibility I suppose, but I prefer the idea that he’s looking down at a mirror on his stem.

soobalias
    Free Member

so are we going to all chip in and buy pinot a mtb.

26″ obvs so he can get it round the corners

gutted for him – hope he can find the mental strength to continue

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Kickstarter campaign to get pinot a skills session?

D0NK

I think Pinot hit his pedal on the floor.

when ligget and Sherwin were saying he’d overbraked I was wondering why his back wheel jumped up not skipped out. Just had another look at replay and I think you’re right.

Whatever happend to all the predictions that the super decenders Nibali and Valverde would leave Froome for dead

well froome used to be a mountain biker 🙂

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

You know when you wished you’d watched a stage live 😡

Fark!! TJVG, not a fan but I’m gutted for the boy, really bloody gutted. Sad day.

Pinot, big fan, FML, you could see he was nervous but seeing him go down was still a shock. Stage was probably his if he could descend, he’ll know it too.

Mad stage with all the riders up the road from the big teams. Surprised to see Contador go down as well.

Froome!! I reckon most would have sat up a bit if they were in yellow with that much time in hand and being that strong but na, not Froome, he’s racing right ’till the end. It’s as much about making a statement now, he’s the strongest out there and he’s going to keep proving it……unless he does a TJVG……

forzafkawi
    Free Member

I think Pinot hit his pedal on the floor.

Good spot 007. I just watched the replay again a couple of times and you are definitely right. Seems like a rookie mistake and something I am always mindful of when cornering. I’m not usually racing for a TdF stage though!

porlus
    Free Member

Simon Geschke interview afterwards was great. Such a fantastic reaction to winning the stage.

riddoch

Rob hayles on 5live called them pedal strike as soon as it happens and pointed out that pinot always pedals out of corners but starts a bit too early.

pebblebeach
    Free Member

That’s just how it works when supporting a GC rider.

Yes on reflection I was probably a bit harsh. Porte was probably told to take it easy and save himself for the alps. I love watching porte making people suffer on the climbs – he looks like the joker when he’s grimacing.

atlaz
    Free Member

He’d have been in G’s place if he hadn’t had a bad few days at the start of the tour. Once you’re behind by a significant amount, you’re support, no matter how good you are (although would be interesting to see if Froome/Contador/Quintana etc would go super domestique).

aracer
    Free Member

You’re believing what the tweedle dee and tweedle dumb are saying? 😯 They kept repeating that comment even after watching several replays showing him pedalling at the time he crashed. I have to admit I’d not spotted the pedal strike, will have to watch again.

D0NK

You’re believing what the tweedle dee and tweedle dumb are saying?

hell no, like I said it didn’t add up, but until I saw RMs post I hadn’t made the pedal strike connection 🙂

rookie error but as I’ve never been chasing someone for a tdf stage win I’ll lay off the criticism, over eager rather than over braking 🙂

Viewing 16 posts - 121 through 136 (of 136 total)

The topic ‘Tour de France Stage 17 – Digne les Bains/Pra Loup – In the heart of the legend’ is closed to new replies.