Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Tour de France stage 16 – Moirans-en-Montagne / Berne – The home of Cancellarra
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

oh and Trek are having a fun rest day

mrblobby
    Free Member

I forgot, actually had to do some work today.

🙂 Efforts are very much appreciated.

Movistar and BMC need to work together as they have the numbers and pick the sacrifice (TJ and Valverde) to try and get rid of Sky bodies on the approach.

Tejay and Porte both riding for themselves at the moment, I can’t see either of them giving up a top 10 to try and get the other up the GC.

Valverde and Quintana an interesting one. Valverde still claiming he has no personal ambition for this race, but if Quintana struggles and there’s a stage win or podium up for grabs then it’d not be surprised to see him abandon Quintana. Notice Sky stirring things up with Portal saying he reckons Movistar are backing the wrong horse.

Don’t really think either team has the strength and depth to trouble Sky though. Valverde goes up the road, he’s got Poels, Landa, Heano and Nieve chasing him down 😯

theotherjonv

Great interview with Brian Holm yesterday. Der Panzerwagen is tired of chasing everyone down for km after km so he decided that today everyone can chase him. And it took the combined efforts of 5 teams.

Now that Jens has retired, i think he’s my new favourite.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Pic Highlights

A tough week for France

Run Forrest Run

A moment to remember

Did he just beat me again

Look darling, it’s amazing what you can do with 2mm

Why Did I follow him

Obligatory sunflowers

Paying Respect

lunge

No rest day chat thread?

Sadly, I too had work to do. Rest assured, normal service shall be resumed tomorrow.

jambalaya
    Free Member

My very longshot of being on the Forclaz tomorrow isn’t going to happen, probably for the best as I think I may have died on the climb (or more likely push up) in the expected heat !

As above Froome doesn’t have to do anything – my view is he’ll take a bit more time after rivals attacks fail or they just don’t bother

As for L’Equipe they’ve gone from celebrating fact Froome’s clean when he won up Ventoux in yellow the first time to constant inuendo. Ignoring the fact Froome took time downhill 🙂 They are unable to deal with the fact the French have no competitive riders.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Quite amusing…

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hX-ckgY3-vM[/video]

dragon
    Free Member

On a side note Cummings is in the BC squad for the Olympics after Kennaugh withdrew.

Twodogs

And Cav has gone home

mrblobby
    Free Member

With a lengthy and respectful statement. I think everyone knew he was going, just had to do it tactfully. You definitely don’t want to upset the French!

jambalaya
    Free Member

He’s had horse p.ss thrown at him in the past so Chapeau for showing respect !

Mrblobby I had that tune in my head watching it at the time

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Tour de France stage 16 – Moirans-en-Montagne / Berne – The home of Cancellarra’ is closed to new replies.