Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Tour De France route details?
  • 40mpg

Planning our trip to Dusseldorf, I’m sure detailed route info is put up on the TdF website about now but nothing has appeared yet.

Is the route available anywhere else? We’re camping between Dusseldorf and liege and plan to ride to catch the prologue and stages 2 & 3. Keen to start a bit of route planning:)

legend
    Free Member

iirc the route comes out as soon as the Giro finishes out of a little act of respect

40mpg

Cheers will be patient until next week then!

crazy-legs

How hard did you search?!
    http://www.letour.fr/le-tour/2017/us/overall-route.html

iirc the route comes out as soon as the Giro finishes out of a little act of respect

No, it’s released in about October at which point Cycling Weekly work themselves into a frenzy over the chances of [insert favourite British Rider] winning it. And a host of riders attempt to second guess whcih stage will form that year’s Etape du Tour and start booking flights and chalets…

40mpg

I’m after the detailed route and itinerary. I’d managed to work out which countries to head for from that one thanks

legend
    Free Member

No, it’s released in about October

aaahhhh after the Vuelta, that makes more sense now (did think it seemed late)

hammerite
    Free Member

The road book and the detailed route maps usually appear about a month before the race. Usually just after the Dauphine.

The stage start and finishes are announced in October, but not usually the exact route (except for the few opening stages).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Tour De France route details?’ is closed to new replies.