• This topic has 20 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Haze.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Tour de France, anyone going ?
  • Edric64
    Free Member

Im going to St Malo for the stage finish on the Tuesday and the Wednesday time trial in Mont St Michel.Im taking the bike on the Poole to St Malo ferry is anyone else around?

fatboyslo
    Free Member

Next year I think I’ll wander the 500 meters or so from my house to the finish of Stage 1 😆

bigG
    Free Member

Will be in France on holiday at the time so we’ll be watching the TT and the next days stage as they are only a short drive from the Gite. Who says taking control of sorting out the holiday doesn’t pay dividends?

thegreatpotato
    Free Member

I’ll be there. My sister nicely moved over there a few years ago and this year the route passes so close to them (towards the end of stage 12) it would have been rude not to time a visit to coincide.

freeagent
    Free Member

Edric, I’m doing the same trip! We are getting a car ferry from Portsmouth though.

unovolo
    Free Member

Yep ,me and my brother are going for the same stage in St malo,
    He lives in Jersey so I’m flying there ,then both getting the ferry over.

Need to sort out a suitable retro cycing jersey to suit the 100yr centenary.

stevomcd
    Free Member

Coming through the valley again this year (over the Madeleine and then on down to Albertville) so will probably arrange an MTB ride ending up by the TdF roadside if any of the clients are up for it.

Edric64
    Free Member

Freeagent ,I wanted to go from Portsmouth but by the time my mates had decided they were not going the ferry was full on the Sunday and Monday even for bikes .So now instead of train to Portsmouth from Bath on Monday im driving to Poole Sunday morning

backinireland
    Free Member

Staying near Tours which is hosting a stage finish and the start the following morning. Anyone any advice, tips, knowledge?

backinireland
    Free Member

great potato looks like you’re same area?

trail_rat
    Free Member

Newcastle – amsterdam ferry and driving down

staying somewhere near GAP for the stage finish – will watch the TT and i think theres another stage we will be watching then we fly up to paris from lyon for the weekend and the champs elysse before flying back for 2 weeks of riding

geoffj

St Malo +1

bland

Thinking about watching the final Saturday. Will be getting you bourg on fri evening and sat is crap there as only the funicular and 1600 lift is on so may go over to annecy and have a mooch up the mountain!

BristolPablo
    Free Member

In Nice for the TTT and will head to Cagnes sur mer for the start of the next stage. Can’t wait, will have a big Saltire supporting David Millar (although neither of us are technically Scottish!)

thegreatpotato
    Free Member

Backinireland – yes, my sister stays about 50k west of Tours. But even better, the route passes the front garden of one of her friends so we’ll be sat there in deckchairs all day watching on the TV awaiting the caravans arrival.

Haze

Will be on the Alpe on the 18th…hopefully catching stage 16 finish in Gap too.

Quite tempted with the Ventoux as well, not sure we can squeeze it in..

Can’t wait 🙂

onehundredthidiot

Also on the alpe. Getting about 10 day’s riding in as well. Can’t wait._

meehaja
    Free Member

Stages 10,11 and 12 for me…Mum lives in Normandy, so i can see a family trip out for the ITT and a big ride for the other 2 stages!

Stoner
    Free Member

Dropped in on some friends who live very close to what is often part of the route.

Stoner Jr was in charge of paraphernalia.

It goes by so fast unless you are on a stage end climb, but the party atmosphere in a stage village can be ace. We all had a great afternoon with a huge spread laid out on a table afterwards.

KOM

chunkypaul
    Free Member

me – stages 10, 11 and 12

Haze

[Quote]Also on the alpe. Getting about 10 day’s riding in as well[/quote]

We’re there Sunday to Friday, so not quite as many days to dedicate to riding.

Galibier and d’Izoard on the to-do list, and hoping to do the Alpe on the morning of the stage.

What you got lined up?

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Tour de France, anyone going ?’ is closed to new replies.