Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 86 total)
  • Tour de celeb Channel 5 7pm tonight
  • tillydog
    Free Member

A bit weak

Now downgraded to cringeworthy.

ads678

I think it’s quite funny, esp Louis Spence.

Sandwich

So far the TV girl need to WTFU and get on with it. Austin Healey is quite dry, even just out of the pool!!

theotherjonv

jeez, “celebs” are precious aren’t they?

bikebouy
    Free Member

You expected what from it.. actually?

spacemonkey

Goughie has genuine respect for cyclists (pros and us lot) since picking up a bike for real. He smashed the etape and gets out and about when he can.

vondally
    Free Member

Good god this truly awful,………

PMK2060

Poor Lucy. I would be happy to give her a cuddle

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I think many of us forget how hard – and scary – it can be for someone who hasn’t ridden a bike since childhood.

That Lucy girl is a good barometer of why more people aren’t cycling – the traffic terrifies her.

tillydog
    Free Member

Why on earth put them on clipless pedals when they’re not confident riding a bike? Madness! 🙄

IanMunro
    Free Member

Just caught the end.
    People have ran 100K 2 hours quicker than that last rider 😀

fifeandy
    Free Member

I’m going to buck the trend and say it was actually better than i expected.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Anyone done that Sportive?
    3000+ft over 68 miles isn’t THAT tough, I climbed that amount in 35 miles yesterday.
    Still a challenge for a beginner though.

spacemonkey

Fair play to anyone who gives this – or indeed any kind of fitness element – a go. If they take 10 hours to cycle 60 miles then good on them for giving it a go. I always use a couple of my out of shape mates as barometers – one of whom once lasted 400m and 5 minutes before bailing at the beginning of a ride.

ampthill

Why on earth put them on clipless pedals when they’re not confident riding a bike? Ma

I think that being an Olympic cyclist is not a qualification for knowing how to help beginners.

epo-aholic
    Free Member

what a complete load of pish that was……..i hate cyclists now as a result of watching that drivel! 🙁

alpin
    Free Member

As far as shite TV goes, that was pretty good, I thought….

Dancey-prancey geezer raised a laugh.

senorj

At least they get to go on a proper “journey”.

Klunk
    Free Member

oh dear 😀

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Someone has a drink issue

wrightyson
    Free Member

I watched via “catchup” of my own volition. I shall be doing so again this week. And as above the, climbing at last year’s ardrock was much more than that

orangeboy
    Free Member

It’s a bit naff but yet I’m still watching it. And I think angelica deserves some respect for not giving in

And yes it does remind me what many first timers may be put off by.
    I still have to laugh at people falling over while stood still though

tillydog
    Free Member

I didn’t think it was so bad this week. Kudos to Angelica for sticking with it, and also to the girl with the dodgy knee. Little sympathy for the other 3 divas in the ‘B’ group, though.

rascal
    Free Member

I actually don’t mind it.
    That Spence bloke comes out with some classics…”I really want to say that really bad word’ while have a hissy fit…obviously couldn’t so out comes “Big fat vagina lips”! Good god man, dontcha know kids could be watching at that time? 😕

slowoldman

Healey and Gough showing what preparation is all about.
    I hope Jodie’s knee gets well, I reckon she’s a dark horse.

fifeandy
    Free Member

Felt kinda sorry for the less fit ones this week tbh.
    A hilly 80mi sportive is a hell of a thing to be thrown into after 2 weeks of cycling.

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

15 minutes in. First watch tonight episode 3. Louis Spencer is hilarious

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Thx for reminder

Compelling and awful at the same time

tjagain

I enjoyed that. Its a real challenge for some of them and the group dynamics with such a varied group is fun. Hugo is going to get a hard time from Goughie tho.

Kuco

This is the first one i’ve started to watch. I understand they are non cyclist but is it normally this bad?

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Having not watched any previous it seems the model lady did a great job on the final ride/race. How fit/strong is Amy Williams!!!

martinhutch

Just noticed that the ICC White Rose Classic website has gone into meltdown! Presumably as Louis Spence fans try to sign up.

White Rose

jlc
    Free Member
    project
    Free Member

intresting programe, and a real insight into what cyclists have to do , that we as cyclists just do as if by nature, like falling off, using cleats, riding up and down hills, and other stuff.

Can we have Louis Spence as a forumite please

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Road cycling.

dufusdip
    Free Member

Underlines what i thought all the years watching him play rugby. Austin Healey is indeed a first-order w**k.

fifeandy
    Free Member

And you came to this conclusion because?

egb81
    Free Member

I have a bit of a crush on Angelica.

epicyclo

dufusdip – Member
    Underlines what i thought all the years watching him play rugby. Austin Healey is indeed a first-order w**k.

I had no idea who he is, but I reckon that’s a man with a very dry sense of humour. 🙂

As for Louis Spence, all the dancers I’ve met (ballet dancer in family) are much tougher than most cyclists, so don’t underestimate him.

But Jody Kidd is the most impressive so far IMO.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Wot he said ^ Austin Healey does have a very dry sense of humour & loves to make really provocative statements that actually sends himself up.
    That skinny model girl did well, from being petrified of being on a bike to hitting 39mph is a big step.

I also have a thing about Ms Bell!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘Tour de celeb Channel 5 7pm tonight’ is closed to new replies.