Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Tour 09 – Cav’s chance at getting green.
  • neilforrow

What do you recon… I think he has a good chance this year…

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

yup, without the pressure of the Olympics i’d have thought he’s been training purely for that

glenp
    Free Member

No McEwan, nor Boonen. Been working on his climbing so can get to the finish. Got to be one of the faves.

llama

he said in leg shavers weekly that he was going for wins rather than points

Schweiz
    Free Member

He won both the sprint finishes in the Tour de Suisse last week and to be honest, he and his lead out men looked untouchable. Did OK on the mountain stages but it’s only 9 days and it wasn’t too tough this year.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

he has been known to say one thing and do another… (Milan San Remo)

I’d be surprised if he doesn’t go for the green and I think he’ll get it too.

glenp
    Free Member

He has certainly earned the faith and respect of his team, and they will be doing the stuff for him.

FuzzyWuzzy

He could be bluffing but as he’s said I think he’ll just go for more stage wins this year (it’s probably what the sponsors want to). If you go for the green jersey you need to do the intermediate sprints to which burns energy and compromises your finishing sprint. I guess we’ll know what his real plans are after a couple of stages…

That said the points be much more biased to stage wins than they currently are IMO, sprinting should be mostly about the finish unlike mountains where you should be tested on each one during the stage.

UpQuickDownSlow

If he wins an insane number of stages then he’ll get the green jersey…

mattsccm
    Free Member

Much as I’d love to see it I reckon ZERO. He won’t finish. would love to be wrong here though.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Tour 09 – Cav’s chance at getting green.’ is closed to new replies.