• This topic has 13 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by gary.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Toughest one day mountain bike race in europe?
  • mlewis
    Free Member

Apart from salzkagammut and cristalp? Any ideas, Britain included not a 24hr race though.

Matt Lewis

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

One day but not 24 hr?

Interesting definition of a day

mlewis
    Free Member

You know what I mean pedant. A race, point to point or loop but doesn’t ask you to complete a number of laps within a fixed/set time.

Useful contribution TJ.

Matt

poppa
    Free Member

Haha, TJ for the specimen STW forum reply.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

😳

I was thinking strathpuffer – hence the slightly facetious post

mrmo
    Free Member

forget the UK, as access laws basically make it impossible to hold a long distance race that doesn’t involve impersonating a hamster. I know there are alot on the continent, Swiss Masters is meant to be hard, early season you have the Canary Series,

offthebrakes
    Free Member

Not done it myself, but TransVesubienne is supposed to be a super technical XC sufferfest. Sadly (or not) you’ve just missed it this year. Only 85km but even Absalon took nearly 7 hours to complete it!

RHSno2
    Free Member

TransVesubienne: Yup. 3000m of ascent!! Tough terrain and good riding too!

njee20
    Free Member

Yeah the Transvesubienne is meant to be excellent, Simon Turner did it a few years ago, I seem to remember reading an account somewhere. XCRacer perhaps.

ac282

Isn’t there a 200 km race in austria with 7000m of climbing?

mlewis
    Free Member

Thanks very much. I’ve heard about the Transvesubiene. Thinking about it I can remember hearing about Simon Turner riding it as well!

I’ll look that one up for next year.

Have a good weekend all.

Matt

mlewis
    Free Member

Transvesubiene. It looks bonkers just been on the website. Absalon didn’t win either. You’re right the riding does look ace, I wonder when it will be held next year and if it coincides with half term?

Matt

olaf_hansen
    Free Member

Matt – we did the Transvesubienne a few weeks ago. It really is like this for 88km. You don’t really need race fitness; you need to be awesome downhill, and very good at carrying your bike up.

http://sophiaoutdoor.free.fr/2009/trans_3/img_5972.htm

not really my finest hour! 🙂

http://sophiaoutdoor.free.fr/2009/trans_banana/img_6814.htm

gary

forget the UK, as access laws basically make it impossible to hold a long distance race that doesn’t involve impersonating a hamster.

That’s what I figured until I came across this earlier today:
    http://www.sip-events.co.uk/kielder-home.html

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Toughest one day mountain bike race in europe?’ is closed to new replies.