Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • tough sidewalled 29'' tyre choice.
  • ton

looking for a set of tough sidewalled 29” tyres.
    seen some minion which look suitable, bit pricey tho.
    any other available?

Tracey

Butcher and Purgatory grids. Will work well on the new bike. We run the 26″ Controls on our Enduros in the Peak all year round and also on the Alps trips. Great all rounders.

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

Continental Protection?

Bregante

Getting on well with my Chunky Monkey/Smorgasbord combo at the minute after years on Specialized tyres (Purgs/Butchers/Eskars)

Kahurangi

WTB Advatnage or Trail Boss in “tough” or Team Issue should have a decent sidewall.

nuke

Getting on well with my Chunky Monkey/Smorgasbord combo at the minute

Yep, pretty pleased with CM & Smorg tyres. Go up easy tubeless, sidewalls decent thickness (not had any incidents of slashed/cut tyres) and CM did well as a rear tyre in the Alps. Bargain price as well

cardo

Been running Maxxis Beavers with the EXO sidewall for over a year now and they have been really good.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Continental Protection?

I’ve used these for remote bikepacking trips. They have over a thousand miles laden on them and are barely worn.

I’ve also used Schwalbe Marathon XRs on my Fargo, I think the world will end before I ever wear them out. Tough as nails, but really heavy.

tomaso
    Free Member

Scwalbe gravity casing DH tyres are about as tough as 29er rubber comes.

stevied
    Free Member

Have a look a acycles for cheap Maxxis.
    Minion DHR2 for £25ish posted. Great on the back and, according to reviews, very good on front too.
    http://www.acycles.co.uk/maxxis-minion-dhr-ii-exo-tubeless-ready-rear-folding-tyre-10081.html

egb81
    Free Member

Continental Trail King Protection. Probably the best tyre I’ve ever used though fairly pricey.

bedmaker

Schwalbe super gravity magic mary’s have a sidewall which reminds me of the HR dual ply DH tyres I used years ago. Very stiff and thick, quite unlike anything else I’ve used recently on a 29er

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘tough sidewalled 29'' tyre choice.’ is closed to new replies.