Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Tough dry bag recommendations please and thank you.
  • PJ266
    Free Member

As per the title, I’m in need of some tough dry bags that will stand up to abrasion and generally a tough life. Capacity wise, around 15-20-25 litres

I’ve looked at Lomo bags which seem good but are there any other options I should look into?

Cheers.

trademark
    Free Member

I can’t comment on my Ortlieb bags as they have not been abused so are still as new but my Aldi bags have taken some stick whilst canoe-camping and are fine.
    My Lomo bags are still going strong also but not had too harsh a treatment.

Spin
    Free Member

Ortlieb ones are expensive but take a battering.

maccruiskeen

I’d second/third Ortleib. Tough and very well but also very simply constructed – minimum number of seam and edges/lumps/bumps to snag and wear. Repair kits available too if you do manage to gub them.

ianfitz
    Free Member

The thicker alpkit ones have stood up to several years of abuse at my hand. Very cost effective option too

wwpaddler
    Free Member

Ortlieb generally regarded as the mutts nuts of dry bags but you pay for it.

I’ve got Sealline and Overboard dry bags which have given good service.

Watershed have a good reputation too.

Vader
    Free Member

Multiple ortlieb owner here, 20 years plus and still fine. if you hole them easy to repair with suregrip.

Basically they will never wear out.

They aren’t light though compared to exped or similar so horses for courses

PJ266
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies people, will check out some of these.

Weight comes second in line to durability in my eyes!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Tough dry bag recommendations please and thank you.’ is closed to new replies.