Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Tough, cheap, 26 inch V-brake rims/wheels?
  • RustySpanner

For the old Rockhopper.
    Used mostly as a tourer, rough roads & heavy panniers, but also used off road now and again.

Mavic don’t do rim brake stuff anymore according to the shop I’ve just been in.

Could get some nice handbuilts, but don’t really want to spend a load.

Any decent recommendations?

mlpinto
    Free Member

Hi,

I’m not sure about new options, but I have a retro set of XT hubs on Mavic 217 rims that need a new home. I’m not sure what they are worth but they would be cheap.

Let me know if you’re interested and I can check their condition, sort some pics, etc. I’m at mlpinto1976 at yahoo.co.uk

ads678

you can get a handbuilt pair of shimano hubs on mavic rims for £99 from Merlin cycles.

http://www.merlincycles.com/bike-shop/wheels/mountain-bike-wheels/custom-wheels-non-disc/pair-handbuilt-wheels-26-non-disc.html

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

You’re in Calderdale aren’t you? I’ve got a set of barely used STX-RC hubs on Mavic X221 black rims. Came on my brothers old LTS, were used a handful of times on that before he put something more DH-ey on and then did a few months on my old Kona commuter. Sat in the cellar since then… £20 collected from Halifax?

RustySpanner

Dave, that’s perfect.
    Will send you an e-mail later.

Many thanks folks.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Tough, cheap, 26 inch V-brake rims/wheels?’ is closed to new replies.