Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • tough case recommendations for s3
  • singletracksurfer

Simple gel case may suffice, but would be very interested to hear anyone’s experiences and recommendations on a more substantial case (for cycling duties). Thanks.

andygreener

Have you looked at an Otterbox?

singletracksurfer

Yes, but heard mixed reviews. Well someone saying it wasn’t great on the building site (let’s dust etc in). Have you used one when cycling?

superfli
    Free Member

I have an otterbox commuter. Tough and the corners are rubber for some impact absorption. Most holes covered with a dust protector, and I have a screen protector too. I have 2 other cheaper cases and this is far better, but then costs a fair bit more.
    If you use a docking station then forget it though. Its a nightmare to remove/insert from case.

DeeW
    Free Member

Like the casemate tough i have for my s2

singlecrack
    Free Member

I just bought myself one of these http://www.seidio.com/obex/ about the same price as an otter box.
    They are ok on a building site ..my brickie mate swears by it …dropped his iPhone in a muck bucket with is on and just swilled it off under the tap 😆

w1zard
    Free Member

I use a Casemate Tough on my S3. Take it MTBing all the time, never had a problem. Really good fit, but I cut the buttons down so they don’t press in my pockets all the time.

If it’s likely to be really wet, I stick the phone (still in the Casemate) in an Aquapac. Totally submersible and really great build quality.

This is my best knowledge after trying about 10 cases of varying types 🙂

singletracksurfer

Thanks all. Seidio looks very good. Slimmer than otter box and waterproof.

singletracksurfer

Where did you get the obex for price of the otterbox? I can only find it for £80!

bruneep

I use a TPU cover off ebay under £2 no problems so far.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bm9de8YlPcc[/video]

singlecrack
    Free Member

Amazon …I paid $70 delivered which is about £45

I just had a quick look and they are $72 now plus postage

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Ottebox defender for riding. Just pop it in when I’m going out and it’s solid. I just take it out otherwise as its a bit too chunky for normal life.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘tough case recommendations for s3’ is closed to new replies.