Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Touching cloth
  • bigG
    Free Member

Was running late this morning so didn’t have time for my usual leisurely evacuation. Thought och it’ll be ok. Half way round Glentress started to get “that impending feeling” and then spent the rest of the ride worried I might land heavy and camouflage the guy behind with an impromptu loosening.

Note to self, always make sure to nip one out before riding.

singlespeedstu

Just curl one out on the trail and blame a dog owner for not clearing it up.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

One of the lads in the club carries an “emergency shit bag”. I kid you not. 😯

scotty38
    Free Member

Years ago one of the lads on a winter clubrun stopped half way up Winnats Pass to go behind a rock… It was in the days of bottom gears of 42×18 so it was probably just an excuse to get off his bike 🙂

voodoo_chile

Spitfire backfire

seanoc
    Free Member

If I run before 7 in the morning a mid-run sh@ will be guaranteed. There is absolutely nothing I can do about it. A non-fragranced poop bag is as essential to me as a HRM or any other running ancillary. I gave up on paper a long time ago.

fatboyjon

Who doesn’t enjoy a poo with a view every now and again?

Kevevs
    Free Member

poo with a view! 😀

brakes
    Free Member

you need a harder saddle. I find the pre-ride need disappears once my saddle has beaten my anus into submission and compacted the contents of my rectum into a dense brown weetabix brick.
    what?

ononeorange

Congrats all on a fine thread! Pure quality!

falkirk-mark

The arse wiping ability of an old inner tube box is not very good, this is all I want to add.

rickmeister

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoACQCJWx10[/video]

Gets me every time…

Northwind

One place Glentress is a bit lacking, is its shortage of big leaves.

athgray
    Free Member

Same thing happened to me at Glentress. I started to get that knotted stomach feeling on the climb to the Buzzards nest. Things were desperate as i approached the steeper, rocky shortcut just below the car park. I don’t always clear this section, however the desperation to get to the portaloo focussed the mind and I blitzed that bit. Could be a good training technique.

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

Nae worry to the Op.
    I always s#it myself when going to Scotland as I’m an Essex lad.

😛

hainman
    Free Member

i have crohns disease so that happens to me regularly,never go riding without the trusty babywipes 😆

voodoo_chile

I like to do a mini descent like a dogs with an itchy bum

fairhurst
    Free Member

hmmm ive never been one for this sort of humour each to their own i suppose..
    would do nothing for my sex life if this humour was introduced into our relathionship.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I have to say I always find a long bike ride stops any cloth touching, even if desperate at the start.

Never touches the sides afterwards though 😎

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Beware the jaggy leaf.

bigG
    Free Member

hmmm ive never been one for this sort of humour each to their own i suppose..
    would do nothing for my sex life if this humour was introduced into our relathionship.

Wtf? Who has has suggested that this is part of anyone’s sex life?

fairhurst
    Free Member

BigG i was merely stating that if me and my partner used this humour in our relathionship it would not do anything for our sex lives!

Basil

Had this issue stalking. As an act of balance and bombs away in da woods not abc

jordie
    Free Member

Anybody ever Manned up and even opened the door nevermind went in the thing at the portaloo in the top car park at G.T. It really reeks passing 6 feet from the thing!!

samuri
    Free Member

Greg Lemond once used someone’s hat during a race. Pushed it down the back of his shorts, did a poop, pulled it back out.

Basil

Honest it only natural

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

Sphagnum moss makes amazing bog paper * and you can usually find it easily if you’re cycling in the uplands of Scotland as it’s one f*****g great bog. Just dig a hole with a stick and away you go.

* Warning- check moss for pine needles and creepy crawlies prior to wiping.

tomhoward

A guide in the alps once told me that if one was caught short and no suitable leaves were forthcoming, he just used his sock, leaving it in situ after he’s finished.

Any time I see a guide at the end of a long ride, I can’t help check how many socks he’s wearing.

carlos
    Free Member

Not yet had a wilderness dump, but after a mate needed to go and cleaned up with a Doc leaf, I have tucked away in the CB some baby wipes and a spare ziplock bag. Leave the dump and take home the tissue.

seanoc
    Free Member

What’s wrong with using a gloved finger? Ram it in the dirt after; wipes all the pap off. Happy days.

zbonty

A gloved finger?!!

I have been a couple of times when little warning has been given. Always been a swift, clean exit though. ahem

Liking Jedi’s cap story. Thats classic. I thought roadies got handed newspaper on the tour ICE.

DickBarton

Is this not the sequel to Touching the Void?

stAn-BadBrainsMBC
    Free Member

‘111’ on a tree,or rock.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Touching cloth’ is closed to new replies.