Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Touch screen or qwerty?
  • 43derryroad
    Free Member

I'm in the market for a new mobile and fancy something a bit different to what I've had before. The phones in my price bracket that I like the look of are the Samsung Tocco Lite (touch screen) and either the Nokia C3 or Samsung Genio Qwerty (both qwerty type).

Having only had phones with normal buttons before and advice and opinions on either type would be appreciated.

Cheers

Hairychested
    Free Member

I've tried a touch-screen phone or two and didn't like it. My E71 on the other hand is just the job.

cynic-al
    Free Member

It's a personal thing. And some screens/keyboards are way better than others.

GrahamS

No problem using the touch-screen keyboard on the iPhone, as I'm doing right now in fact, even my monkeyfingers can cope with it.

Plus a touch-screen keyboard can be a lot more flexible (e.g. offering .com and .co.uk buttons when typing an address, supporting accented characters without obscure keypresses)

mutley

had a Nokia 5800, now an E72

more buttons = betterer

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Can be s bit of z peonlen typing on a touch screen if youvd not got ayyocirrct, like, for ibstancf on Opeex btiwser. 🙂

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Touch screen with a stylus is the best solution IMO

maxray
    Free Member

Lol any phone that needs a dialing wand is pants I'm afraid!

Northwind

I didn't think I'd taken to touchscreen but at the weekend I thought my MP3 player had crashed, because it wasn't responding to instructions on the touchscreen it doesn't have 😳 So apparently my brain's decided this is how things should be done now.

Karl33to
    Free Member

swype is where it's at

midlifecrashes

Liking the look of the SonyEricsson x10 mini pro, android, small, full qwerty slideout. Only had the x10 mini in the shops last week, they said it was on it's way and some websites are shipping. Bit dearer than your list.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Touch screen or qwerty?’ is closed to new replies.