Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Touch screen gloves.
  • zippykona

I need some warm,non sweaty ones for walking.

prawny

Defeet Dura, they’re ok and warm enough for me although I’ve not had much joy with any touch screen gloves, possibly as my phone has a glass screen protector on it.

bruneep

😐

bruneep

Just lick normal glove fingers

GrahamS

As an alternative, you can convert any glove to touchscreen-compatible by sewing in a little conductive thread:
    http://www.instructables.com/id/Making-A-Glove-Work-With-A-Touch-Screen/

deadkenny
    Free Member

Got some North Face e-tip gloves. Okay enough for cold day commute. Bit thin fingered.

Works with phones but I get more control with glove off.

Interesting my Endura Dexter gloves for riding do an ok job with the phone, enough to take a photo at least. Except when wet/muddy.

jekkyl

do what bruneep says, most thin gloves will work if they are a little bit damp.

Cougar

most thin gloves will work if they are a little bit damp.

… just not so much as gloves any more?

Northwind

Use your nose. If you struggle to coordiate, use your penis. If you don’t have one of your own, borrow one.

franksinatra

If you struggle to coordiate, use your penis. If you don’t have one of your own, borrow one.

I struggle with this unless it is firm

GolfChick
    Free Member

Whichever you pick the touchpad will wear out so be aware they won’t last forever.

North Face have a few offerings, I like the thinnest of them, not quite warm enough but offered better control over the phone and holding it.

I have some Barts gloves currently which are great for the silicone grip on the palm of the glove but again the fingertip has worn out so I now need a new pair.

Ive heard good reviews about a particular pair Mujjo but quite pricey and not easy to find so I’ve not tried them so far.

egb81
    Free Member

I’m typing this with cheap 661 mtb gloves on. Tenner on chain reaction.

fourbanger
    Free Member

Alternatively cut the tip off the pinky finger of any glove.

CountZero

I’ve tried a couple of touchscreen gloves, and neither were particularly satisfactory, so I’ve bought a couple of pairs of these:
    http://www.thebushcraftstore.co.uk/thinsulate-shooters-mitts—og-or-black-1529-p.asp
    Nice and cheap, they work well, and as soon as you’ve finished what you’re doing on the screen, flipping the cover back over means your fingers feel nice and toasty very quickly.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Touch screen gloves.’ is closed to new replies.