Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Totnes mtb routes
  • simonbea
    Free Member

I’m in Totnes for a few days and have a window tomorrow to get out on the mtb in the morning weather permitting. I’m without car so need to start here. Found lots of dartmoor routes on viewfinder but most all start further into dartmoor. Anyone got any suggestions for the Totnes side?

Thanks

jam-bo

Riding from totnes? Quite a few green lanes etc but not a lot of singletrack type stuff.

ajantom

I’d head up to Bovey Tracey, park at Parke (National Trust place) and ride up Lustleigh Cleave via the old railway trail. Plenty of cracking singletrack and trails up there.

ajantom

Ah, just saw the no car bit.

Maybe ask these guys http://www.hotpursuit-cycles.co.uk
    They’re based in Totnes.

medoramas
    Free Member

Plenty of options over here, but they all involve steep climbs and plenty of muddy puddles… What distance you would like to cover?

OCB
    Free Member

It’s all green lanes / farm-tracks. The nearest bit of moorland is up behind South Brent.

There’s a decent density of (often muddy & steep) tracks broadly to the north of Totnes in the area constrained by the main roads between Totnes and Newton Abbot, Totnes and Buckfastleigh, and the A38 up along the edge of the moors.

Unhelpfully I don’t have any routes, but I’d probably start off up the old turnpike road towards Littlehempston, and pick up the lanes heading out north and west from there.

I kinda just pick and choose depending on how long I’m out for, but wherever you end up you’ll have to join them up by using lots of the little back country [tarmac] lanes.

jobro
    Free Member

Sorry, you’re on to a looser here with no car and that short a time. And the weather for tomorrow is typically Devonshire!!

jam-bo

There is some cheeky stuff in north woods by huxhams cross of your after a short ride. Cycle path most of the way out of totnes to dartington. Some short (30s) DH tracks and fireroad climbs.

simonbea
    Free Member

Thanks for all the input, weather may be changing my plans now…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Totnes mtb routes’ is closed to new replies.