Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Totally random – dadsnet help needed
  • carbon337
    Free Member

I’m looking for some Anbesol liquid. We’ve been told this stuff is class for teething but we cant get any anywhere.

Totally random – does anyone have any of this stuff in their cupboards? Its out of stock everywhere but a few folk have some on ebay for £45 + and its rrp is about £3.50

Hoping someone has some they dont use anymore.

Our daughter is really struggling with her teeth coming through late – she is 18month and only has about 5 teeth but they are coming through with vengeance now.

bruneep

why does it have to be Anbesol?

JonBoy
    Free Member

The stuff is so good. We are after some to as we are almost out. Not sure why but they have stopped making in along with gripe water and teething powder. Ebay prices have gone nuts!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Its just benzocaine gel – see if you can get an equivalent generic?

http://www.anbesol.com/label/baby.asp

ask at a pharmacy? Get pro advice before using it as well IMO

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Why have they stopped making it – google is your friend – assiciated with fatal illnesses in children as a rare side effect would seem to be the reason

Gripe water is alcohol – just use gin 🙂

carbon337
    Free Member
    murf
    Free Member

Share your pain, our 16 month old has his molars coming through just now! Calgel seems to help him a lot but he’s still pretty tetchy, poor kid!

Markie
    Free Member

Far out! We were just trying to buy more today, out of stock everywhere and we thought it a funny coincidence. Wow.

aa
    Free Member

my oldest got on with ashton and parsons powder,

no idea whats in it but it worked well against the evil that is teething

nick1962
    Free Member

Perhaps another reason why benzocaine
    based products are getting harder to get hold of..

neninja
    Free Member

We used Anbesol successfully with both our kids. Boots are still selling the liquid apparently –
    http://www.boots.com/en/Anbesol-Liquid-15ml_1016835/?CAWELAID=405873065&cm_mmc=Shopping%20Engines-_-Google%20Base-_—_-Anbesol%20Liquid%20%2015ml

Google it and you’ll find dozens of online Pharmacies selling it.

althepal

Ashton and parsons ftw.. Teetha after that..
    Benzocaine sounds a bit too hardcore for my liking??
    In fact I seem to remember a dentist friend gave me something similar a few years back… Hmm.

yunki
    Free Member

just use Anusol instead..

carbon337
    Free Member

That boots link brings up an error about discontinued after you add to basket. All the google shopping links all do similar.

I’ll check out some of these alternative products mentioned. Gin sounds promising although she is getting better these last few days. Seems to come in 5 day waves. Poor little bugger.

yunki
    Free Member

I’ll check out some of these alternative products mentioned

please please don’t use Anusol on your infant’s gums

carbon337
    Free Member

Lol

Even the Ashton and parsons powders are selling on eBay for £30 wtf is going on with kids teething?

sprootlet
    Free Member

Got some but its adult strength unfortunately. I guess thats no good to you….

DickBarton

Sainsburys sell Ashton & Parsons. You might only be allowed to buy a box at a time…apparently the junkies use it to mix their stuff…

Ashton & Parsons definitely works…

chipsngravy
    Free Member

Chamomilla granules. A good homeopathic remedy for teething. Used on both my kids during teething. Also great for settling them down when they can’t sleep.

http://www.weleda.co.uk/baby-health/chamomilla-3x-granules-15g/invt/207010/

Travis

Bongella? isn’t that any good? Seemed okay on our lad

paulosoxo
    Free Member

I just told my two to MTFU.

al2000

Chamomilla granules. A good homeopathic remedy for teething. Used on both my kids during teething. Also great for settling them down when they can’t sleep.

http://www.weleda.co.uk/baby-health/chamomilla-3x-granules-15g/invt/207010/

Yeah, it’s good stuff and works well for us. Teetha and Boots Teething Powder also contain it.

Cougar

I just told my two to MTFU.

BTFU.

highclimber
    Free Member

A good homeopathic remedy for teething.

Homeopathy is generally regarded as quackery. rub some Gin on their gums – no more harmful than benzocaine!

chipsngravy
    Free Member

Homeopathy is generally regarded as quackery.

Yet chamomilla, nux vom, pulsatilla, and other remedies have been very effective treating my kids in their early years. Given their age, when teething for instance, there is no way it could be down to placebo effect.

transapp
    Free Member

The issue with homeopathic remedies is not what’s used but the amount in them. Normally a random scoop if earth from your garden has a greater chance if actually having the active ingredient present…

carbon337
    Free Member

This is getting too complicated she can just girl tfu. Either that or the wife can sort it. I’ll just go out on my bike a bit more

GaryLake
    Free Member

Gripe water is alcohol

No it’s not. Alcohol free these days. Although it is apparently not being produced anymore.

csb

Gripe water shortages were due to a production licensing issue. Now sorted and you can buy it again.

For teething we have Dentinox, but haven’t needed to use it yet.

jfletch
    Free Member

Yet chamomilla, nux vom, pulsatilla, and other remedies have been very effective treating my kids in their early years. Given their age, when teething for instance, there is no way it could be down to placebo effect.

You were the one suffering the placebo effect and maybe the kids were responding to the attention you were giving them.

There is no feasible way a homeopathic remedy can work in any way other than as a placebo since the pills are just sugar pills.

It is tantamount to fraud.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

chipsngravy – Member

These thing are not homepathy unless used in the stupid dilutions nonsense. Camomile is wellknow for sedative effcects for example

Are you confusing herbal remedies with homeopathy?

Still could be placebo effect anyway

wrightyson
    Free Member

Errr, calpol and nurofen on the three hr cycle??? Why would you want to give kids anything more than that?

transapp
    Free Member

TJ + 1. Some herbal things I think work (milk thistle is one), however homeopathic is utter twaddle and as jfletch says, simply sugar pills

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Boots in Guiseley, Leeds had some on the shelves today, so Mrs FD has just said.

To be honest we only found it gave relief for a matter of minutes, Calpol was/is more effective with Jnr FD

arcane
    Free Member

What do you think ‘random’ means carbon337?

I will give you a pointer!

It doesn’t mean anything you want it to because you can’t think of a word that actually fits the sentence.

yunki
    Free Member

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Totally random – dadsnet help needed’ is closed to new replies.