Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • totally OT:where to sell a microscope
  • swampi
    Free Member

my last tenant gave me some stuff when she left my house,she was a research doctor and she has given me what seems a unused Nikon TMS-F inverted microscope just like thislinky… now they seem to be worth as bit but where on the earth would i sell it? as i have no idea

nickjb
    Free Member

EBay

tonyg2003

yep ebay. That’s where we buy quite a bit of second hand equipment

nuke

I’d give the Classifieds a go…I would think the chances of finding some odd bod needing it for examining potential cracks in their frame reasonably high, even higher if you can fit a GoPro

grittyshaker
    Free Member

Keep it if you’ve got space. They don’t go off and looking at stuff under them is great.

swampi
    Free Member

yeah ebay it may be, i just thought there may be a version of STW for microscope nerds 🙂

footflaps

Offer it to a local school / college?

swampi
    Free Member

thats a good idea footflaps

wingnuts

eBay is the answer. Met a guy on the train a couple of months ago who made a living trading scientific equipment. He was off to collect a microscope he had just bought for £3.5k. Was a thoroughly nice chap.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Definitely EBay. Might also be worth sticking an advert on photomacrography forum, – http://www.photomacrography.net/ although inverted microscopes are not what the geeks on there tend to use.

What npt to do – phone Nikon and ask them if they want to buy it. I work for Nikon Instruments and you would be amazed how many people come across old microscopes and phone up asking us to buy it. 😕

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

swampi – the forum I linked to is definitely your version of stw for microscope nerds.

Some great images on there though…

swampi
    Free Member

cheers, just needs to go to some use,so will have a look

toys19
    Free Member

swampi, we could use this. username at hotmail com

marcus7
    Free Member

how much do you want for it? ( my last Nikon cost me £15k so I’m not going to go mad but it may well be handy) ta.

swampi
    Free Member

drop me an email

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘totally OT:where to sell a microscope’ is closed to new replies.