Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Total Overkill for a N00b?(Should I buy a '09 Cannondale Scalpel Team Edition)
  • alexb0r1ns
    Free Member

I’ve been offered to chance to buy a friends 09 Cannondale Scalpel Team Pro. This is the 26er version, with two wheelsets(Mavic Crossmax and Stan’s Notubes[can’t recall the model off the top of my head]). Other than that it’s a factory build. Sram X0 rear, XTR front, X0 shifters, Avid Juicy Ultimate Brakes. I’ve ridden XC on the same friends backup bike(Scott Scale) and I’ve really enjoyed it and I want to get into XC more seriously. I have two concerns mainly.

It’s a Medium bike. I ride a 54 or 56 road bike, so I don’t know if this would be too small. I’m inclined to just put a longer seatpost with more setback on and call it good.

Also, just how overkill would a bike like this be for a relative n00b?

not the exact bike, but exact same model

thegreatape
    Free Member

Combien?

Harry_the_Spider

I like the look of that.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    tomhoward

Sometimes it’s fun to bring a Gatling gun to a knife fight

That looks mega quick, if you don’t want it, point your mate in my direction 😉

alexb0r1ns
    Free Member

@thegreatape 2500CDN or about 1800USD 😈

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Bag of sand for a seven year old bike? Nah.

Nice bike though and there’s nothing wrong with getting the best bike you can. Just too pricey for me

tomhoward

Yeah, it’s nice, but it’s not that nice

mashiehood
    Free Member

Cracking bike and it’s really is that nice you can also stick 650b wheels on it. Buy it!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Total Overkill for a N00b?(Should I buy a '09 Cannondale Scalpel Team Edition)’ is closed to new replies.