Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • total noob from bolton
  • dazza374
    Free Member

hi guys im new too mtb and need too find somewere good for a new person to mtb too go or if there is any groups to go riding with
    cheers dazza

neil853
    Free Member

there’s a few places to try, you’ve got rivington on your doorstep and i’ve always liked gisburn (near clitheroe) which is about 45 minutes or so away.

A club called the bogtrotters (based lancaster) do beginner rides too which maybe worth a look if thats your thing

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I think the suggestion of driving all the way to Gisburn for adequate riding is funny when there’s so much begging to be ridden much closer 🙂

Rivi, Healey Nab, Great Hill, Witton Weavers Way, Darwen Moor, Rooley Moor, Brown Wardle, Walsden, Calder-friggin-dale etc etc!!

http://www.bogtrotters.org

lipseal
    Free Member

Am thinking of joining a club, but think bog trotters might be a bit far as I live in sunny Southport.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

We have members in Sale, Liverpool, Formby, Southport, Blackpool, Horwich, Westhaughton, Wigan, Lostock etc etc etc 🙂 There are southern night rides most Wednesdays in the areas I mentioned in my first post!

lipseal
    Free Member

Will be intouch then soon for a taster ride.

neil853
    Free Member

always an irritation simon eh?! I mentioned a place very close by in rivington. The reason i suggested gisburn is that its waymarked and enjoyable, everytime i’ve took people who’ve just started or are inexperienced they’ve enjoyed it. Of course there’s hunderds or places he could go my list wasn’t exactly final

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

I live on rivvy’s doorstep – you may as well start riding all the routes round here. Darwen, Healy Nab, Holcombe, Rivvy. Done done fast 2 hours tonight with KKF and SBB. Get some lights and get out…..you’ll be surprised how many are out at night in Winter.

Aristotle
    Free Member

you’ll be surprised how many are out at night in Winter.

Yes, many of them are not mountain biking though.

timc
    Free Member

lipseal – Member
    Am thinking of joining a club, but think bog trotters might be a bit far as I live in sunny Southport.

I live in Crosby, I feel your pain

binners

Well I’m still sat up in my usual wired post-night ride state from Rivi tonight. Great fun too. The Belmont descent is the gift that never stops giving. And finished off with the ice cream run

You’ve got shedloaads of decent trails. Look us up at the SOuth Manchester Massive as we venture north quite a bit.

Can’t you get the train from Bolton straight to Hebdon Bridge. Calderdale is ace

Woody
    Free Member

Dazza

Call me nosey but I’m interested as to how/why a ‘total noob’ has a Scott Scale for sale at £1300 ??

julianwilson
    Free Member

If i thought a 100mm forked stiff as hell arse-up race bike was the alpha and omega of mountain biking, I would probably give up and get a cyclocross bike. A scale may not be everyone’s cup of tea! I think if he sells it to fund a steel hardtail or trail centre mountain warrioring 140mm flux/helcker/five he’ll fit right in here 😉

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Margin Walker – Member
    I live on rivvy’s doorstep – you may as well start riding all the routes round here. Darwen, Healy Nab, Holcombe, Rivvy. Done done fast 2 hours tonight with KKF and SBB. Get some lights and get out…..you’ll be surprised how many are out at night in Winter.

Dont think he’s ready for a 2 hr night ride with us yet, a few months practise needed minimum. 😮

BTW That downhill overtake last night by SBB was near suicidal, I was at warp factor 8,no way could he have corrected a mistake if owt happened on that tech bit, defo serious hospital job if he f00ked it up. 😛

dazza374
    Free Member

hi guys tks for all the help most welcome,as for why i was selling the scott its because ever since i bought it it has been stood in the kitchen seemed a shame too waste it 🙁 So if i cant sell it i thought i might aswell see if i can get off my butt and start using it 😆

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

nowt wrong with scott scales…..

dazza374
    Free Member

no mate the bikes awesome its me thats not 🙄

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘total noob from bolton’ is closed to new replies.