• This topic has 11 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Total lunar eclipse to meet 'supermoon'
  • hanchurch
    Free Member

Anyone watching it? If so let’s see some pictures.

scotroutes

You’ve hours to wait yet!

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Moonrise over the Cotswolds was epic this evening.. HUGE pinky-orange thing hanging over ther landscape when I was about 30 miles in to my 60 mile ride home. Highlight of the weekend I think..!

somafunk

Just tried a 15sec exposure on night setting with a tripod from the back garden in Kirkcudbright but i only have a compact camera (Lumix TZ60) so it’s not a great pic by any means of imagination, there’s also a fair amount of harr rolling in up the river and obscuring any detail so i guess i’m gonna have to get dressed for a bike run and head a few miles out of town/up the hill, if i leave in 20mins i should cover the 3 miles to the top of the hill by 3am ish, I’d best fill my hipflask 😀 #anyexcusetorideanddrinkonaschoolnight

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

Go on that man! It’s daylight where I am so missing it, but the moon was big last night

somafunk

Yeah i was out for a sunset bike run last night and the size of the moon stopped me in my tracks – it really did look massive so i’m hoping to be suitably impressed once i drag my arse up the hill…….I’d better be impressed otherwise i’ll just drink my hip flask and shout obscenities at the moon (nothing new there then…..) 😉

Be back in a wee while……

racefaceec90

cloudless here in devizes so can see the moon very well.will head downstairs later to see it (as it is disappearing from my bedroom window view).

STATO
    Free Member

Sitting in my back garden in Newcastle. Low mist rolled down the Tyne earlier and gave it a nice atmospheric start. Shadow is showing now so hopefully get some good shot to go with those of the solar eclipse earlier in the year. Nice and peaceful this time of the day/night, sipping on a cider and watching the moon slowly disappear, could only be bettered if I’d kept the fire from earlier running, getting a cold backside!

somafunk

Disappointing pic but at least i was awake for the eclipse and i got to ride my bike up the hill and arse a hip flask of whisky 😀

Things to note for next time….learn how to use a camera properly rather than just stick it on scene mode – dark night scenery and get a better tripod as the one i was using was very notchy in use so it made it hard to frame the moon. Take a chair bivvy bag/sleeping bag, and sod the hip flask take the bottle and a stove/bad-boy pot noodle for company. And finally take a head torch with red light so i can operate the remote camera function on my iPhone.

Other than that it was a mini adventure (™ alastair humphreys) for a monday morning – good fun!, i expect i’ll take the morning off work and roll in sometime after lunch…..it’s the sensible option as I’ve just poured myself another whisky….hic!………..

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

*applauds*

hanchurch
    Free Member

Not my photo but good effort!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Total lunar eclipse to meet 'supermoon'’ is closed to new replies.