Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 211 total)
  • Tory poster graffiti :)
  • buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

"Clegg is the worst of the worst. Sensing opportunity, and choosing policies to suit"

Oh yes, like legalising and naturalising those illegal immigrants who've actually succeeding in integrating into our society by hard-work and without state help. That's an opportunist policy 😉

Back on topic: My Conservative MP is David Heathcoat-Amory; by most accounts a nice enough chap but with some fairly dodgy expenses. The farmers and large estate owners around here put up massive fixed placards to vote Conservative. This morning, they're defaced with: "£30,000 of gardening expenses; you should be ashamed Dirty David!". It's not like they're monuments so being defaced with the truth seems justified to me!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Coffeeking – Its clear you don't understand the issue. Again. As usual.

tiger_roach
    Free Member

Where are the jobs? How do the Tories propose to create the 2 million or so jobs that are needed?

How does anyone? If there are no jobs to take then I don't think anyone's going to lose their benefit.

Short-term gain at the expense of long-term forethought. That's the Tory way.

Shame it happened under a Labour Government.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    miketually
    Free Member

None of the parties have commented on immigration, keep the feckers out.

All the parties have commented upon immigration. It was a question at all three of the leaders debates and it's mentioned widely in the papers.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I mean he'll still have to work for a living which

IIRC we allow ladies to both earn their own money and keep assetts in their own name. i believe some of them may be millionaires.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Coffeeking – Its clear you don't understand the issue. Again. As usual.

Care to explain where I have it wrong?

Talkemada
    Free Member

Coffeeking- make us a coffee would you please?

Medium double-bastard choccaloccaschmoccaccino for me.

Ta.

tiger_roach
    Free Member

Junkyard – thanks for that.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Can't be bothered coffeeking – you are worse than me for being dogmatic. Like yesterday when you insisted an antihistamine was a muscle relaxant when it is not.

The tory policy on inheritance tax is going to benefit the rich only – and disproportionately so.

Junkyard
    Free Member

no problem glad to drag your language usage into the 21 st century.
    He = they not hard is it?

tiger_roach
    Free Member

Whilst I am against bringing in a tax reduction of that nature at the moment I think it's fair to say the 'rich' are currently paying more inheritance tax than is usual so taking away some of the tax just puts them into the same situation as most of us. Of course is the beneficiaries of these dead people that benefit and they might not be so rich.

IMO inheritance tax should be based on the recipient so that if one person inherits the lot then much tax is paid but if it's spread about then less is paid – kinda like capital gains tax or income tax.

tiger_roach
    Free Member

Now Junkyard that is just bad grammar!

mogrim

The tory policy on inheritance tax is going to benefit the rich only – and disproportionately so.

So one of a couple in an average priced London house dies, then a few years later the remaining person dies, they were rich?

350,000 isn't that much money, at least in the south. Certainly not "rich".

Talkemada
    Free Member

allthepies
    Free Member

>350,000 isn't that much money, at least in the south. Certainly not "rich".

Apparently it is.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

350,000 isn't that much money, at least in the south. Certainly not "rich".

it doesn't matter, once you're dead you don't need it. Inheritance fosters privilege, so it might be better to raise the tax to 100% for everyone.

RustySpanner

Please, don't do it…………

mogrim

it doesn't matter, once you're dead you don't need it. Inheritance fosters privilege, so it might be better to raise the tax to 100% for everyone.

Fine, it's an interesting policy. What do you do with private companies, small shops for example? Sell them off?

Junkyard
    Free Member

tiger_roach – Member
    Now Junkyard that is just bad grammar!
    😆

El-bent
    Free Member

What is fecked, is society. Increased fear and paranoia, increasing mistrust and xenophobia, an increased need to blame 'someone else' for life's ills. People no longer know or speak to their neighbours, chat to each other on the bus/train, have each others' kids in and out of the house playing, help out someone when they're in a bad place. Increased selfishness, greed, and the MeMeMe culture.

Blimey, I'm agreeing with Fred.

CallmeDave is not going to be another Thatcher.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Can't be bothered coffeeking – you are worse than me for being dogmatic. Like yesterday when you insisted an antihistamine was a muscle relaxant when it is not.

I didn't though, I just explained that's the effect it had overall (syndol) rather than a specific ingredient, regardless of it not being the drugs MO. In fact I even went as far as explaining that in simple terms, but you still didn't want to listen, so I gave up caring, safe in the knowledge that although the technical details were incorrect the overall result was correct as prescribed and as experienced. I'm happy that you have more drug knowledge than I do, and willing to admit that my technical knowledge of them was incorrect in this case, but it doesn't negate the effect which was what the OP was looking for.

it doesn't matter, once you're dead you don't need it. Inheritance fosters privilege,

It shouldn't though, if other structures were no easily worked around by cash – maybe that's where the effort should be aimed at correction, rather than people wishing to pass on security and housing to their family.

Edric64
    Free Member

, all the conservative ones have a picture of the candidate as well and boy are there some ugly munters

Our Lib DeM candidate is called Tessa Munt so if I vote for her will I be a Munter?

Edric64
    Free Member

Buzz ,Heathcoat Amoral is hopeless I have mailed him more than once to try and push the Cheddar to Wells cycle path forwards and I get a stock I support this idea response .I want him to try and get it built using his position to help cycling and tourism in this area by getting off his ass and going to county hall and saying what do you need can I help?

Talkemada
    Free Member

Careful! 😆

You'd better have a little lie-down…

wormhole

when will people learn that it does not matter a fig, tory – labour – liberal, it will not make a hapeth of difference to you or me who is in number 10.
    except the fact that there is them and there is us!

they have money, power and infuluence. we have to hope that they use it for the best result for all of us. they will still have money, power and influence.

we have a vote, but under the system we use to reach a winner it aint worth much depending where you live in our green and plesant land

until we….they on our behalf, change the voting system it doent matter who is in power.

so maybe….just maybe the liberals are the way ahead?? even if they wouldnt recognise a sensible policy if it bite them on the nose.

zokes
    Free Member

Ditto, and…

Careful!

You'd better have a little lie-down…

Ditto.

I hold my hand up, you're speaking some sense for a change!

trailmonkey

What is fecked, is society. Increased fear and paranoia, increasing mistrust and xenophobia, an increased need to blame 'someone else' for life's ills. People no longer know or speak to their neighbours, chat to each other on the bus/train, have each others' kids in and out of the house playing, help out someone when they're in a bad place. Increased selfishness, greed, and the MeMeMe culture.

Maybe it's just you that people don't speak to or look out for 😉

I find this a pretty glib view of the world and it certainly doesn't reflect the one that I live in. I talk to all of the neighbours that I actually like. Our kids always played at the other kids houses and we still have the sulky teenage friends around now. The bus driver helps people on and on to the bus and even stops at your house if you ask him. No one is scared, no one is paranoid and most people have always been xenophobic, so no change there.

As for blame, I don't see that blaming govt or society as being any different to blaming individuals. No one/thing needs to be blamed, everyone just needs to accept their own responsibility for not acting anti socially and resultingly, making the world a better place.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I'm with you Edric64. Heathcote-Amoral's gardening expenses would have paid for that cycle track. Time for a change – gonna vote for "The Munter" too.

Talkemada
    Free Member

I find this a pretty glib view of the world and it certainly doesn't reflect the one that I live in

I've got to go and see my psychologist now, but I'll deal with you on my return.

Where's my coffee?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

but I'll deal with you on my return.

if allowed out ?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Coffeeking – but you see you are dogmatically insisting black is white still. On the drugs you simply are wrong. Factually incorrect. It makes it pointless debating with you.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Coffeeking – but you see you are dogmatically insisting black is white still. On the drugs you simply are wrong. Factually incorrect. It makes it pointless debating with you.

No, you're pedantically picking your argument. I'm not "incorrect" as I *agreed* that that is not the way the specific drug works, this was never in question so your insisting black=white is simply wrong. I simply said it is the effect it has when taken wrapped with the other drugs, pain killers and sedatives = better sleep and relaxation with painkilling which tends to relax your muscles overnight. I never said "the antihistamine works as a muscle relaxant", if I had you'd be right to argue. I said it's the effect the whole drug has. You're (as usual) focusing on the tiny detail and not looking at the bigger picture which was how to stop the guys back ache. Your call, I prefer to give the advice based on experience rather than argue the tech details of how it works.

Anyway, back on topic!…

james-o
    Free Member

"inheritance tax is only paid by the richest 3% of people"

Tj, i agree that we shouldn't give execcsive cuts to the richest few in favour of benefitting lower-earners who really need the break, but i think IH tax on homes is wrong whoever it affects.

why should my kids one day pay tax on something i hope to give to them, something i have bought and paid for out of taxed income? it's robbery, simply dual-taxing.

and that 'richest 3%' stat, is that correct? many homes bought a decade or more ago now by fairly normal earners are now worth over the threshold of £320k +. those people who own them may have retired from £30-40k a year jobs, is that really the richest 3%?

"Inheritance fosters privilege"

oh c'mon, that's almost commie speak 🙂 is ownership theft? not necessarily. social injustice and cultural bias foster priviledge, by protecting access for the few and all but excluding many. inheritance is about ownership and family, it can help keep families together in some areas where younge people now can't afford housing. tax won't disrupt this too much, but it's still a dual tax. i may want to pass on within my family an heirloom or a house, if i own them both it's my call surely?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

coffeeking – Member

Syndol (pain killer and muscle relaxant,

Simply factually wrong.

No matter how you twist it you are worse than me for being dogmatic and refusing to accept the slightest fault – as on this thread where it is quite clear you do not understand the issues of how the tax works

Still – be happy in your own little made up world where black is white

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

James o – rad the link I gave above – only the 3 % off estates pay the inheritance tax – the richest 3%. a couple gets £700 000

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

That £325,000 is transferable between couples, even if they die in different years, so in practice a husband and wife would actually have a combined threshold of £650,000.

http://blogs.channel4.com/factcheck/2010/05/02/would-1m-inheritance-tax-threshold-give-200000-the-3000-richest/

tiger_roach
    Free Member

It's a tax on tax for richer dead people; not sure if that's fair but that's what it is.

allthepies
    Free Member
    james-o
    Free Member

ah, ok corrected, i just read the threshold and didn't know it was per person. fair point on the 3% then – but even then i think it's unfair to be dual taxed in this way.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 211 total)

The topic ‘Tory poster graffiti :)’ is closed to new replies.