Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Tory plans to limit number NHS GP visits for each person.
  • PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Yes. Agreed. Doctors are lovely chaps in general.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Its just another swivel eyed looney idea from Tory Party activists – it’s not official party policy.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’d love a visit from my GP. Last time I called my local Surgery I was told to wait 2weeks for an appointment, I will from now on book illness 2weeks hence..
    Idiots (most of them)

Junkyard
    Free Member

The paper also asks whether evening and weekend appointments with GPs and consultants are a “luxury the country cannot afford”.

FFS they want us to work and now they want us to take time of work to be ill. What sort of enterprise culture is this?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Labour seized on the document…

and later,

The document is buried on the website of the Conservative Policy Forum

(So, yes, swivel eyed loons)

HM Opposition might actually constructively criticise active government policy one of these days instead of seizing on documents buried on websites to create some spin. Useless eejits.

wallop

Does that mean I get a refund on the basis I haven’t visited my GP for a couple of years?

Junkyard
    Free Member

hold on its the tories surely we should be able to sell them to the ill?

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Not seen mine for 3 years, does this mean I can go sit in his office for a couple of weeks?

hora
    Free Member

Lets ringfence the billions for overseas aid instead. Wonder how its rinsed before it reaches its source

mudshark
    Free Member

Just need to stop people going in with a cold – or old people who fancy a bit of a chat….

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

A year? why not a lifetime? I can count the number of visits to my GP over my 43yr lifetime on my hands. As a ratio of visits for the amount of tax I’ve paid? This entitles me to more visits than poor people. </sarcasm>

“Just need to stop people going in with a cold – or old people who fancy a bit of a chat..”

This is tory fiction. Dragon-like receptionists prevent the odd time waster. Theory is counterbalanced by people who suffer and die of diseases through late diagnosis because they are urged NOT to bother their GP.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Isn’t everyone going to A&E now anyway?

ac282

The weekend system as it is is terrible. Out of hours coverage is pathetic. It’s a shame people don’t only get ill during office hours.

jam-bo

Pretty good in Devon. Had a few occasion to call on them for my son and generally seen a doctor within the hour.

martinhutch

Yep, as if that idea would survive a moment’s deliberation on the impact of the first patient who keels over after being refused an appointment.

br
    Free Member

Based on the couple of times I’ve sat in a GP’s waiting room, 90% of those waiting are either Mums with babies/toddlers and old folk.

So would it tot up against the Mum, or the baby?

Northwind

buzz-lightyear – Member

Theory is counterbalanced by people who suffer and die of diseases through late diagnosis because they are urged NOT to bother their GP.

And the increased cost of later intervention o’course. Better cut back on those pennies of prevention.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

The poll tax was once an idea of the looney right (The Adam Smith institute). Whatever became of it?

samuri
    Free Member

So it’s babies and old people who cause load on the NHS is it?

Hmmm, /rubs chin.

phil.w
    Free Member

The weekend system as it is is terrible. Out of hours coverage is pathetic. It’s a shame people don’t only get ill during office hours.

If it’s an emergency your GP is not the right person to see. If it’s not an emergency it can wait till the morning / monday.

martinhutch

So it’s babies and old people who cause load on the NHS is it?

Hmmm, /rubs chin.

For once, I’m in tune with your vision of a Conservative future…

DrP

If it’s an emergency your GP is not the right person to see. If it’s not an emergency it can wait till the morning / monday.

Not quite true, though…
    There’s different levels of ’emergency’ – some are suited for direct theatre and ITU admission, some are perfectly managed by primary care resources (GP, walk in centre etc).

It is true, though, that management of chronic and non urgent conditions really only take place ‘in hours’, which really is how it should be.
    There’s always 24 hour access to urgent and immediately-necessary care – be that a GP, MIU, A+E etc…

DrP

phil.w
    Free Member

Not quite true, though…

I was overly simplifying it. Sorry.

It’s this that I, and the post I quoted, was really talking about…

It is true, though, that management of chronic and non urgent conditions really only take place ‘in hours’, which really is how it should be.

DrP

Fair dooze… I’ll cancel the angry mob of doctors heading your way… 😉

DrP

slowoldgit
    Free Member

OK, I’ll definitely need to take a credit card with me. But can I have a rebate for repeat visits resulting from well-known side-effects?

binners

The Tories have to start getting more hard-line in this area to counter UKIP and their provisionally titled “Grand National” policy.

This involes your illness being assessed on a points system. Then depending on your score, reflecting how much you’re potentially going to cost the NHS, you are taken out the back, and ‘humanely destroyed’. Which is definitely not a more media-palatable phrase for being shot.

Extra points will be added for swarthy complexions, Beards, Chippy Northernerness, Track-suityness, and any religious adornments that aren’t a cross

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

The Conservative Party hate the NHS and would love to get rid of it. To them, it’s ideologically on a par with communism and so chip chip away at it as best they can, encouraged by big donations from private healthcare providers. Their previous Health Minister, Andrew Lansley, was historically on the payroll of one of the biggest private healthcare providers who went on to get some major NHS contracts.

If the Tory party get in at the next election the NHS is completely ****ed. Anyone who votes Tory at the next election better hope they or their family never has to make use of its services in the future and remember, there isn’t a private A&E.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Well, that nice Mr Hunt (check spelling) has said it was not and was never going to be Tory policy. And he took a dig at 38 degrees. It’s on twitter and won’t copy across.

Funny how it was previously reported as such in both the Mail (spits) and the Inde. I trust he’ll be demanding an apology.

Drac

ohnohesback
    Free Member

…”WAS never going to be”…

But that leaves some wiggle room for the future…

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Tory plans to limit number NHS GP visits for each person.’ is closed to new replies.